For the first time in my life, I’ve never been so excited to be left alone in a space.

Hurriedly, I aim my path towards the frame and shift it to the side but there’s a shock. My brows arch as my eyes wander around.

“This is wrong,” could I be in a wrong room perhaps?

I don’t understand. It is not locked. And I have been here for thrice now, sneaked into this room and always found it closed but tonight, it is not?

Could the triplets have set me up? Maybe they already knew someone has stolen the keys and that’s why they left it opened, so they can catch the thief, having made them hope that their escape was easy but instead it was a trap?

My heart is hammering in my chest, but I know one thing and it’s that I have to go through this. I can’t stop here, and that’s what I did—I head into the tunnel.

There’s a light at the end of it, and as I get closer and closer and closer, my eyes begins to water. My lips turn downwards as a hefty gust of tearful emotion lunges at me.

The many questions of what if reels within. What if it is like every other escape? What if I can only see the light like I have always done all these time and I actually never was able to touch it? What if I am close to escaping and my hole is crushed again?

What if I am caught?

What if?

What if?

My chest burns and my consciousness is trying to nurse it, as I continue. This is a chance that I’ve taken anyway, and let’s see what happens at the end of it.

Outside, I am in the middle of a wood. I close the metal gate at the end of the tunnel before I head inside.

My legs freeze into a stop all of a sudden when my ears pick up a sound. Then, the aura of a powerful being hit me at the throat.

Without wasting time, I hide myself at the back of a huge fallen tree trunk that veils my petite shape.

Ahead, I am seeing three wolves. Whatever discussion they’re having is through mind-linking because there’s no sound being vocalized into the wind.

Out of the blue, two of those wolves dash into the woods. Now that it remains one wolf, his body begins to shift back to a human shape.

I almost didn’t express any facial expression until I begin to notice the humane face. Jared?!

My brain just blasted with an alarm. What is he doing here? And who could those two wolves be? It all seems hideous and untrustworthy but I didn’t make any sound anyway.

He’s changed fully back to human and is naked. My subconscious makes an awful sound at his dick dangling under his body as he bends to pick up some clothes in the station behind one of the many tall trees.

“I should leave,” that ringing in my head makes me turn and slowly make my way away before I am caught but then, I freeze again at the sound of a twig snapping.

Oh, fuck. No, that isn’t from me? No!

No.

No.

I’m so unfortunate.

“Who’s there?”

When I hear that, my eyes blinks blankly and right now, I am wishing so much that I have an actual invisible spell that I could cast.

Before I could take one more step, Jared jumps to my side of the woods. I don’t want to face him because I’m wishing so much that this isn’t my reality but unfortunately, my senses know that it is.

“If it isn’t the witch herself roaming wildly in the dark, who could it be?” He cracks up a laugh. My eyes set on him at last just as he finishes zipping up his trousers. “What spell have you come here for tonight?”

Well, he’s the one to question. What is he doing here as well?

If he was here on a harmless mission then he wouldn’t have passed through the tunnel. I have every reason to believe that he is the one who unlocked it. If there’s anyone who could have a spare key to anywhere exit-able in the kingdom, it is royals like him.

“I’m escaping?” My words sounds much of a questionnaire than a statement.

He tilts his head to a side, laughing. “Wait, that’s a joke right? You’re kidding.”

I shake my head. “No, I am not.”

“Do you not realize that the junctions of this woods lead to the very five kingdoms that wishes to see the end of you? Are you stupid or are you stupid?”

I’m sulking. I just hope he can leave me to go, since he believes I’d not survive anyway. But I have a faith that I will.

“Perhaps I should let you go, have them kill you off, but...” He points his finger at me. “...you’ve probably seen me earlier. I can’t let that go. Sleep well.” He finishes and before I know it, he slaps me hard at the side of my head and that’s it.