𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

Perhaps it was smart of Edward to drag her out to Florida to see her mother.

They were all on high alert, Alice's eyes closed as she watched a vision flash behind her eyelids. Her eyes opened, staring off into the distance as the forest became dense with eerie silence. Augustine stood next to Rosalie, eyes filtering around the greenery when Alice called out, "on your left!"

Instantly, the herd of Cullens darted in the direction Alice pointed them in. Augustine watched as that oh-so familiar fiery red hair dove into view, watching as Emmett pushed forward with resolute speed. He had managed to get a hand on her shoulder as the pursuit continued, but Victoria was smarter than that.

She grabbed his hand and flipped him over top of her, sparing him a fleeting glance before she continued her sprint. The ravenette watched as Emmett sprung back up, angrier than she'd ever seen him be before, and shot off like a rocket.

Then, Victoria leapt onto the other side of the creek that ran between the two territories. Carlisle put his hand out, stopping the others from following. "Wait–" he urged, and Augustine nearly sighed when she realized just where they'd ended up. "She's in their territory."

Sticking to their side of the creek, they followed the enemy vampire. "She'll get away!" Esme called out, suddenly in front of Augustine who was just behind her.

"No she won't!" Jasper responded, eyes noticing the new presences of the pursuit before anyone else did.

She almost started lagging behind when she heard the tell-tale snarls of the shifters ring through the air, their bodies coming into view on their side as they chased after Victoria. As Augustine ran, the smell of distinct evergreen weaved into her nose. If it wasn't for Rosalie nudging her forward, to keep going, the young girl thought she would've stopped altogether.

Emmett was leading them now, the rest of them observing how two wolves were hot on Victoria's tail. She started jumping from one side of the creek to the other as if she knew that territory lines had been drawn; she was clearly using it to her advantage.

Only, when Victoria suddenly leapt to the other side of the creek and Emmett was the closest one to her, Augustine could practically read the thoughts rolling through his head. He was angry that she'd tossed him aside, he was the strongest of them all, and he wanted to finish this once and for all.

It seemed Rosalie knew what he was about to do, too. "Emmett, no!"

In an instant, Emmett tried to dive onto the other side of the creek where Victoria had vanished, only to be roughly intercepted by a flash of silver fur. Augustine felt her unbeating heart drop to her stomach, instantly going to the very edge of the water while the others stopped further away.

She'd recognize that silver shifter anywhere.

The wolf threw Emmett's body into the rushing creek water below, snapping its jaws angrily as the vampire resurfaced with a heaving chest. He and the shifter were having a snarling competition, Emmett's body rigid where he stood knee deep in the water.

As the ravenette watched Emmett take a predatory step towards the silver wolf, the strangest thing happened. Instantly, Augustine found herself in the water, standing between the agitated vampire and the equally as agitated wolf with her hands stretched out.

But she wasn't doing it to protect Emmett— no, the stance she took was to prevent Emmett from hurting Paul. She didn't know why she was doing it, but it was like her instincts had fully taken over.

Emmett was her brother, but her brain was telling her that he was the enemy. "Back off, Em," she pleaded, her own frantic eyes searching his to try and persuade him to just walk it off. "Please."

Emmett, in all of his newfound fury, looked between the girl he considered his little sister and the wolf, whose snarling seemed to cease, that was stood less than a metre behind her. Augustine could see the recognition in his eyes and immediately knew that he'd made the connection.

This wolf was the Paul. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

Augustine kept her eyes trained on the stocky vampire, who Rosalie eventually coaxed out of the water and only spared the younger girl a tight grimace before the two vanished. The ravenette felt her lip quiver, never having heard that much disdain in Emmett's tone before— especially directed her way.

She was broken from her daze at the sound of Carlisle's voice. "Let's get you home, August." It was paired with a gesture of his head, signalling it was time to go— everyone cashing in their defeat when they realized Victoria had disappeared amidst the chaos.

Augustine's neck craned before her before she could even stop herself from doing so. She looked at him, really looked at him, and dug her nails in her palm. "This does not mean I forgive you," she said, just low enough for the shifter to hear.

"You seriously owe me, Lahote."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

[ wyn's note ]

the infamous brawl!!! and hot damn, did we expect august to have a reaction like that ?! (to be fair, she didn't expect it either LOL).

i cant even tell you guys how much i love reading your comments, they really make me giggle!! thanks for the endless support <3

all love! xx