Twenty-One || Hydroelectric

Começar do início

'AAAAA! I can't get enough of these adorable faces!!'

After finally convincing you to agree, the children giggled and ran towards Arthur.

"C'mon guyss! Quick!"

"H-Hey! Don't run so fast!"

"But (Name)-nee finally allows us to pet him!"

"Yeah! We can't pass up this chance. RRRAAAAA!!"

Arthur, who understood that this was a sign that they wanted to place the logs, automatically laid down so that the short children could easily place it.

"Remember to reward him with a treat!" You reminded, shouting from a distance, "If not, he'll be stubborn just like he was yesterday!"

"Okay, (Name)-nee!!"

So they extended their hands to grab tiny bits of cooked beef before holding it out for Arthur to consume. Arthur of course happily took it and chewed it. While he was doing this, the children then looked for more woods to help.

Once the bag was full of logs, you and the other children returned to the village. They all held each other's hands and grabbed yours, acknowledging you as the leader.

When you returned, you saw your friends gathered around Senku, awaiting to find out what they were going to do next. However, when they witnessed you practically herding a large ass lion into the base, they froze in shock.

"I completely forgot (Name) owned a lion!" Chrome whimpered out of fright and hid behind Kaseki.

Given his old age, Kaseki remained silent and let his soul fly to the heavens upon witnessing the terrifying sight of a lion.

On the other hand, Kohaku turned pale and moved closer toward Gen, who reacted in a similar way, "How did she end up with one... I-Is this normal in the Modern World?"

"Absolutely not!" Gen hurriedly shook his head, "Senku-chan, do you know how she did this?!"

All heads turned in Senku's direction at the same time, concerned expressions on their faces.

Senku just raised his eyebrows and gave them an odd look, "Why the hell do you expect an answer from me?!"

"Because you're the science guy! Not to mention, you're really close to (Name)." Kohaku protested.

"Even if we're close, that doesn't mean I know everything about her." Senku answered, clearly considering that this entire discussion was ridiculous, "She used to be close with this mentalist too! Why not ask him?!"

"Because!! Uhhhh... Because..."

When they heard such a reply, everyone simultaneously shut their mouths again. Immediately, they all gather together and begin whispering to each other.

"Hey, guys? D-Do we know why?"

"Haven't they been friends since childhood? Like, it makes perfect sense that we would think he knows everything about her."

"Uhhh, 'everything' doesn't sound right."

"Of course not! I once asked where (Name) was going, and he immediately responded that she was heading to the village in a very CONCERNING specific way."

"The conversation makes me feel like a teenager again."

Senku had a valid reason.

Why did these guys immediately ask him about you, anyway?

You noticed them talking about something as if it was very important, so you really wanted to join them right away.

Turning around, looked down at the kids in front of you, "Alright, kids. We've completed our mission! Get some rest; Tomorrow we have more work to do."