Chapter 6: The will to live

ابدأ من البداية

Eira gave an apologetic smile to Tyrone and Jun then ruffled Mick's hair. "I'm happy you guys are here with me but I just wish we could have gathered under a different circumstance."

Benedict flicked Eira's forehead hard earning a yelp from her while she massages the injured part. "Owww... hey! I'm a patient!!!"

"I don't care."

"God... some older brother you are...."

A nurse then opened the door and informed them that the visiting hours were over. Mr. Choi nodded and told the nurse that they will be out soon. Cyril fidgeted a bit then looked at Mr. Choi,

"Sir, I would like to stay with Eira here, if that's all right with you."

Mrs. Choi looked like she was about to protest but Mr. Choi held her hand and nodded. Benedict looked at his uncle then smiled at Eira and Cyril, "I'll bring clothes for you and that little squirt... we didn't bring any earlier, sorry."

Cyril gave a small smile at his best friend, "I understand. We were all in panic." 

Eira hung her head low, ashamed that she had become a burden to the people she care about. She hated it... the feeling of being a burden and she bit her lip in attempts of stopping the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

She felt someone staring at her so she looked up and saw her cousin giving her a disapproving glare. She forced a smile as her parents gave her goodbye kisses.

"We'll be back in the morning, princess..."

"Okay... dad, mom... take care on the way home."

"We will dear, rest well."

With that said, Mr. and Mrs. Choi walked out of the room with Benedict accompanying them to the door while saying his goodbyes.

"We also should be heading back"

MHL's manager stood then patted Eira's shoulder and wished her a quick recovery before excusing himself so he can get the van ready. Tyrone and Mick hugged Eira goodbye with Benedict holding on to Cyril's shoulder to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed. 

Jun grinned playfully at the look of sheer jealousy on Cyril's face. He passed Mick and Tyrone, took Eira's hand, kissed the inside of her palm and presented her with his most charming smile...

"I hope you feel better soon. I'll visit you tomorrow so I can see your pretty face again."

Eira blushed at the contact of Jun's lips on her hand

Eira blushed at the contact of Jun's lips on her hand. Benedict chuckled and gripped harder on Cyril's shoulder when he made an attempt to move closer (probably to strangle) Jun. Benedict whispered "No bloodshed in front of my cousin, Cyril"

Cyril gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. Eira saw the murderous look on Cyril's face and hurriedly withdrew her hand from Jun while still blushing profusely. Benedict squeezed Cyril's shoulder twice before he released him and pushed the three others to the door. Tyrone helped push the grinning Jun and complaining Mick while shouting his goodbyes.