What Do You Want?

Start from the beginning

"You deserved that," Kabir remarked, unfazed.

"You know, you can be a real pain," Raghav grumbled through his laughter, rubbing his side.

Kabir shrugged with a smirk. "Guilty as charged."

"Guys," I interjected, trying to steer the conversation back on track. "Could we focus on the important matter at hand?"

Raghav nodded, refocusing his attention. "Right, as I was saying, Aryan, since you're determined to go solo due to your low profile, both Kabir and I will respect that. But if you need backup, you know who to turn to."

"The police?" I quipped.

"No, me," Kabir replied promptly.

"And me," Raghav added.

"Aw, you guys," I said with a smile, "I might as well make a video on 'my boys will run up on your boys' featuring both of you and Riddhi."

"Who's that?" asked Raghav and Kabir simultaneously.

"Oh, she's my childhood friend," I explained. "We're practically like siblings. She's a travelogue writer."

"Ah," Raghav nodded. "What's her account name?"

I raised an eyebrow teasingly. "You seem quite interested. What's up with that?"

"Nothing much," he shrugged. "I just enjoy travelogues but haven't found a good one yet."

I smiled, sensing his genuine interest. "Well, you're going to enjoy hers," I said. "Her account name is 'Venture Vistas.'"

"Cool," Raghav remarked, pulling out his phone and immediately following her account.

"Right," acknowledged Kabir, "Can we focus on figuring out what your plan is, Aryan?"

I scratched my head. "Well, I haven't quite made up my mind yet."

"Are you certain you can handle this alone? Arjun is quite cunning," Raghav cautioned.

"Well, then I'll be a strategic anaconda," I retorted with a smirk.

Kabir chuckled. "At best, you're like an irritated squirrel."

I crossed my arms, playfully feigning offense. "I hate you."

Kabir met my gaze, his smile softening. "No, you don't."

"No, I don't," I whispered softly, feeling an unfamiliar warmth spread through me.

"Aryan, here's my suggestion," Raghav began, leaning forward with a serious expression. "You can always adapt the plan as needed, but here's what I think will work best. Talk to the director, build a rapport with him, and find an opportunity to get him alone, perhaps in a bar. Once he's a bit tipsy, you can ask him your questions more freely."

"If that's the plan, count me in at the bar," Kabir chimed in, his protective instincts kicking in. "Can't let that man be alone with Aryan."

My heart quickened as I responded, "I can handle myself, Kabir."

"I know, but..." He hesitated, his eyes reflecting concern. "You're Sana's best friend, and I can't bear the thought of anything happening to you."

His words pierced through me, reminding me of my place in his life — just Sana's friend, not someone he saw as Aryan. I managed a smile, trying to hide the hurt as I whispered, "Sure."

Raghav's sympathetic gaze mirrored my sadness, as if he understood everything without a word being spoken. But why was I feeling this way? Why the sudden sadness and sentimentality? It's not like I had any expectations from Kabir. After all, of course he only sees me as his sister's friend because he doesn't know me personally. I scolded myself internally for becoming so emotional lately. Ugh, I've turned into such a sap.