the canine seemed to be on a mission, it was running so far it had made its way into the nearby woods of joel's farm. onika couldn't ignore how bad it creeped her out—she just needed this dog to stop running.

"please!" she shouted, her newly—barely broken in boots couldn't even keep up with how fast she was moving. next thing she knew—she tumbled.

she had fallen into the grasses, she could feel so many tiny prickles dancing across her skin; she didn't want to move to quickly—in worries that she may have injured her head. she let out a low sigh, that damn dog.

she laid there, for a few—just till the pounding in her head didn't seem so unbearable anymore. she didn't even hear the footsteps coming towards her. they weren't even a thought in her mildy concussioned mind.

it wasn't until she could physically see brown boots infront her, just the end of them—because bootcut jeans covered the rest. her eyes trailed up and was met with thick thighs and and a white slightly torn tank.

"are you god?" she murmured. a bit delusional she was.

the woman infront of her couldn't help but chuckle, that low raspy chuckle. suddenly onika heard panting, and glanced up a little more to see that damn dog standing right beside the woman.

"you!" she pointed quickly at him, before wincing at the pain in her head. the dog sat and the other woman's feet, looking as happy ever.

"don't move so quickly darlin'." the women rasped out as she leaned down to slowly pick onika up, those arms wrapped around her waist—but even standing up fully caused a more violent pounding in her head.

onika could feel her vision begin to go black.

and just like that, her eyes slowly fluttered open. she could feel a soft cushion beneath her entire body as she glanced up at the warm hanging lights. she knew this wasn't joel's house—which made her blood run cold.

but she didn't have the energy to get up—adrenaline was running through her mind but not her body. she felt so achy, and slow.

how did she end up in such trouble her first day?

and just like that, she felt a body plop themselves into the arm chair near hear. she heard it, so she slowly cranked her neck to the left to see and was met with sharp hazel eyes.

they shocked her, she hadnt seen an eye color so beautiful.

the women nursed her own cheek in her hand, resting her elbow on the arm chair as she stared at onika with low lidded eyes. her expression was flat.

"you took quite the tumble. i knew i had heard a yelp from my barn but, i thought i was hearin' things." the way she spoke—so southern. she must've been a native.

"thought you were destiny for a moment." the mystery women commented, onika had to think for a moment..

destiny?

right! destiny. joel's wife.

"but you're—very different from her." she mumbled, scanning the shorter women's face quickly but subtly. onika barely caught it as she began to sit up. her head wasn't spinning as much but in return her body felt so stiff.

"i must ask, are you trespassing? or just playin' cowgirl?" the woman asked, her tone was so judgy yet her voice was so raspy and silky. onika rolled her eyes at the question,

"puh, lease. I don't even look sexy enough to be a cowgirl. do you know joel?" she quickly asked. she wasn't in the mood for chit chat, she glanced back at the woman and she was still staring at onika with those dark eyes. onika wanted to gulp, but that'd be a very obvious sign of how intimidating the women infront of her truly was.