Astarion x Female OC

Start from the beginning

Astarion huffed. "A mindflayer? Squid-like creatures that sprout tentacles from their mouths?" he grumbled in explanation, "never heard of them?"
Raine shook her head still not recognizing the concept. She was not native to the Sword coast, in fact she was from a very closed off part of the realm.

Astarion grumbled lowly and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, this place is definitely useless." Kilil let his head hang low with a sigh as he led Astarion back to the exit. They needed to keep going, but he kept feeling like he was being watched, but he was unsure as of by what, or by whom.

Raine followed him. "Tell me more." She demanded. She wanted to understand, she wanted a challenge, a new adventure, and she wasn't about to let this one slip through her fingers.

Astarion rolled his eyes, looking to the girl that was now beside him. "Why do you want to know?" he huffed, almost acting like a feral cat.

Kilil gently smacked Astarion's arm with his tail the rude impression Astarion gave put a bad taste in his mouth. "They're horrible creatures that reproduce by placing a tadpole in your brain through your eye socket and turn you into a mindflayer."

"And If you're a mind flayer you're like a slave to them?" She asked trying to understand.

"Pretty much. A slave to whatever higher power they serve," Astarion growled lowly, not excited about it at all.

Raine eyes flashed with a mix of fear and anger. recalling the feeling of being a slave but only for a moment. She shook it off and returned to her stoic expression. "I wanna help" She said declared determined.

Astarion blinked a few times, surprised. "Why?" he huffed, skeptical. Raine took a moment to collect her thoughts and struggled with putting it into words. "Because...i..." She started before taking a deep breath. "I... know how it feels...to be a slave... to lose control". She confessed letting a bit of her history fall loose into words.

"You...you do?" Astarion murmured, looking down at the ground as he thought about his own time enslaved. Kilil smiled at Raine, happily holding his hand out to her. "Then welcome to the team!"
Raine looked at Kilil with a frown and looked at his hand briefly contemplating what to do, then took his hand in hers a shook it

Kilil happily shook her hand, smiling brightly. "Let's head to camp and get some rest."
Astarion sighed softly, running a hand through his hair clearly frustrated and not sure what to think in the given moment.

Raine looked out the window of the bar and frowned her eyes widened, the sun had been rising and fast. She then quickly took her hood and pulled it over head, placed her mask on and dug in her satchel for gloves to cover any part of her exposed skin, as she did not want her vampirism to cause her to burn.

Astarion headed outside first, basking in the light of the sun. His eyes closed and a soft smile surfaced on his lips. He hadn't experienced the sun for very long, but he loved every minute of it. It gave him a sense of normalcy.

Raine frowned, a pang of jealousy hit her as well as a wave of sadness, "must be nice" She huffed and suddenly hissed as she missed cover some of her arm. Her pale scarred flesh turning red and blistering quite fast, before she cradled her cloak closer to her.

Astarion quickly looked over, furrowing his brows in worry as he gently tugged the cloak tighter around her skin.
"How far is it to this camp?" She asked a little stressed as she clenched her arm in pain.

Kilil pulled out a scroll of cast darkness and cast the cloud over Raine's body somewhate shielding her from the blazing sun "Not far. Here, this should help."

Raine still clutched the cloak close just in case, not wanting to get burned any further. "I don't understand, it should be healing rather quickly" She mumbled and studied her blistered arm precariously.