Quick Thinking

Warnings: Cursing, mentions of death and blood

When the peacekeepers came in and rounded them up in the morning, he noticed the eerie silence that fell over everything. The peacekeepers didn't push or shove. They didn't yell and put them down.

They were quiet, even going so far as to help Wovey and some of the others into the van.

Their hypocrisy made him want to scream. Yell out. But he didn't.

No one talked on the way there. He was sick. He was sure he was going to throw up and start crying in front of everyone.

But he didn't. He grabbed the necklace and held the ring tightly as they got to the arena.

_-_-_-_

You have a shaky wave to Coryo and Sejanus as they walked into the giant auditorium.

Coryo walked over, whispering into your ear, "Does he know about our deal?"

You nodded.

~~~~~

"(Y/N)... tell him not to go after Lucy Gray."

"Coryo I can't possibly-"

"Tell him not to go after her, and I'll tell her not to after him. It's not an alliance, just mutual agreement to not kill each other. Please."

"Alright."

~~~

"That was one hell of a goodbye... last night I mean," he smirked, a teasing glint in his eyes.

He saw. Your eyes widened in shock. Blonde bastard. He was probably going to see Lucy Gray and saw you two.

"Are you really one to talk? This mornin'?" You teased back, making him blush slightly. "You best not tell... please?"

The tone in the room was... taken back down. You looked to Sejanus.

Sejanus was pale. He looked grimly at the screen. Although his tribute-... Marcus. Although Marcus had not been found, he was expected to stay with you all.

You gave him a tight hug that he immediately reciprocated, hiding his face into the crook of your neck. You ran a hand through his thick curls and tried to comfort him.

"It's gonna be alright Sej... I'm sure he's found some way out... something..." you mumbled into his ear.

"Aright everyone sit, we are about to get started!" Cesar's voice came loudly from the front of the room.

You three sat together and you gave both a reassuring smile. Internally, your stomach was twisting and tying itself into knots.

You didn't listen to anything Flickerman told the audience, loosing a bit of your sanity anytime he made a joke.

"Alright well the games are about to start, so I'll let you all focus," he said, as the screen turned on.

You gasped and covered your mouth, bile building in the back of your throat, your stomach turning itself inside out.

On the screen, they showed Marcus. He was tied up on a beam, his body beaten and bloody. You couldn't look.

Sejanus stood up and you grabbed his arm, you didn't want him to get in trouble.

"Sej please-"

He ripped his arm away from you, throwing his desk and yelling, "You're monsters! All of you!" Making eye contact with you, shaking his head, and running out of the room.

You ran to the corner of the room, throwing up in a trash can.

You felt a hand on your shoulder, and turned, seeing Coryo.