Second Chapter

POV. Third Person

The hospital smelled too strongly for Aoi's taste. It was surprising, but it was the first time she ever got into one being conscious. When the theft happened, she was obviously sent to one, but was discharged before she even woke up. They told the director of the orphanage that the wound was superficial and she just needed some rest.

Therefore, when she went there, she was even a bit excited, because no one had ever described to her how it was, supposing that it was self explanatory to everyone. She didn't expect the alcohol smell, but the sad vibes were definitely not. She wasn't disappointed either, what was to expect of a place like that? But it was too white for her taste.

After looking around she was ushered to follow an orphanage teacher to accompany her to the place. When they reached the room, the adult said that she would wait outside while she was inside. Aoi thanked her and went inside and smiled at the boy laying on the white sheets.

"How are you feeling, Kakucho?"

The boy stopped looking through the window and looked to his friend.

"Better, but the doctor says I'll be here for another two days before coming back to the home."

He had fallen the night of Aoi's birthday. The boy's and girl's buildings are separated and, to get to the other, it is a must to cross the yard. While walking through it, Kakucho slipped and fell unconscious . Because he spent the whole night there, the flu transformed into pneumonia. The regular training helped him and it wasn't serious, but still needed to stay at the hospital.

The teacher informed them that they were going in five minutes. That made Aoi stand up and give her goodbyes to her friend. When she was about to exit, Kakucho called her and she spinned around.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course."

"Well, Izana's visit was supposed to be tomorrow. Could you go on my behalf?" Kakucho took out a paper folded in half. Aoi walked to the bed and took it while he continued to talk. "I explain everything there, you just have to read it for him. Visitors are forbidden to give anything to prisoners."

The girl nodded and promised to visit the boy the following day.

>>>>>

She didn't expect the place to be like that. The reception wasn't a surprise, it was simple, had a woman to talk to and a couple of chairs to wait, the visitor's place was what Aoi thought would be different.

At the door, you could see a warm room, filled with tables and people talking around them and a table next to the right wall filled with food. Having watched thousands of criminal films, she expected the typical weird booth where the criminal was at the other side of a glass. But, thinking about it, it didn't make sense. They were kids after all. The only thing that filled her expectations was that all the delinquents had their hairs cut in a buzzcut.

She was going to ask the reception woman to tell her where Izana was, but she was already gone.

"Maybe it would have been a good idea to ask Kakucho for a photo of him..." Aoi said quietly and went to the beverage table to look around more comfortably.

Once there, she grabbed a Coke and took the paper out, reading it for the fifth time.

"Let's see where you are." Aoi walked to the nearest table, where two identical delinquents, except for the hair, were talking with a boy that looked terrified. "Sorry to interrupt. Do any of you know where Izana Kurokawa is?"

The twins, or at least she thought they were, looked at her suspiciously. The third boy, the visit, was still trembling and didn't look up at the girl.

"Who asks?"

"Aoi Hayashi."

One of the boys smiled when hearing the name.

"Ahhh, Hayashi-chan." Said the one who hadn't talked yet. "I'm Ran Haitani, and this is my little brother, Rin." Aoi was a bit disappointed, she really hoped they were twins. It'd have been cooler. "We didn't expect to see you before getting out." He turned around and pointed to a table where a white-haired boy was waiting alone. "There he is."

"Thank you." Aoi bowed at the boy and went to Izana's table, Coke in hand.

She reached the table and sat down, greeting the older boy.

"Who are you? Where is Kakucho?" Izana asked with an intimidating voice.

"I'm Aoi Hayashi, you must have heard my name before, I'm Kakucho's friend. He's at the hospital right now. Just pneumonia, nothing serious, but he could not come this week. I'm here because he asked me."

Izana's face changed to a smile.

"Aoi." He looked at her, making the girl feel unsettled. She was about to take the note out, wanting to break the ice, but he continued talking. "My new servant."

That made the girl laugh a bit, thinking it was a joke. Izana frowned.

"Yeah, Kakucho had told me about your little game."

"What game?" The serious look he had made Aoi stop talking.

"The king and servant stuff... I..."

"It is no game. Haven't you accepted to be one too?"

Aoi didn't answer, shocked. So it was true? They had a servant-king relation? It didn't make sense. Why would Kakucho accept that? She remembers him saying that Izana saved his life... but you don't become someone's servant because of that.

"Have you lied to me?"

"Well, no." Aoi answered rapidly, starting to feel a bit of fear. Who was this guy? "I just thought it was a weird way of respecting you, seeing that you are older. The servant thing is a bit extreme so..." She expected the other to say something, but he didn't. "I have a letter Kakucho has given me. He told me to read it for you."

"Do it, then." Izana commanded, not changing the stoic face he had since he stopped smiling.

"Sure." The girl unfolded the paper and started reading. "Dear Izana, last week the sixth leader of Black Dragon was beaten by a gang from Meguro. The seventh generation hasn't been formed yet, but there are a couple of candidates already. I'll talk with you about the details next week. A letter from Sinichiro arrived too, I've already sent it to you. It is expected to arrive in a couple of days. Finally, I apologize for my absence. I'll accept any punishment you may consider appropriate, Kakucho."

The whole note confused Aoi and the last sentence preoccupied her. She was expecting to ask about everything, but, taking into account the conversation they just had, she didn't think it was the best idea.

Izana stayed there without saying a thing. If it wasn't for the atmosphere, Aoi would have already left. She felt that she had to ask for permission to stand up or wait for him to tell her. What was happening, seriously?

"You can leave." Aoi nodded and standed up, bowing as a goodbye.

She left the building and turned around when she was out, looking at the place, hoping that she didn't have to visit it again.

"Please, Kakucho, don't get sick. Ever again."

//