More than Us

Comet

This new being... looked at us. Mostly at Origin. Genesis looked around and the flowers and struggled to walk, but it only took them a moment to get the hang of it. After observing the immediate area they looked back at Origin, then himself.

"G.... Genesis?" He questioned Origin. He gives him a warm smile.

"Yes... that is your name. I am Origin Steve, you are Genesis Steve." He introduced himself and gave him his name again. This wasn't the first time he had created something and knew what he was going to help comfort the new creation, but I could tell something was off with Origin. His eyes now were dim.  He seemed to take each step with caution. His voice a bit sighed each time he spoke. He was exhausted.

"And who is she?" He points to me. I smiled and waved to him.

"I'm Comet. I'm not a Steve... but we can be friends if you want." I greeted him and stepped closer. He was looking at my eyes, not out of politeness, but for the color and look they have.

"I... can I be friends with both of you?" He tilts his head. I couldn't help but giggle. Origin smiles.

"Of course, we are already friends." He reassured him. Genesis seems to light up from the idea of being friends with both of us. He hugs the both of us. We stayed in that hug for a moment longer. I paused feeling something wrong. Not with me, not with Genesis, but with... Origin. It felt like something dropped in the air. A familiarity of energy nearly disappeared in that moment. Without thinking I grabbed Origin. He shifted all of his weight onto me as his legs gave out.

"Origin! Are you okay?!" I panicked a bit. I shifted myself so we both sat down on the grass. Genesis looks at me with worry in his glowing green eye. "It's okay, it's not your fault." I comfort him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to collapse I just feel a bit more drained than expected." Origin explains himself.

"Does this normally happen when you create a Steve?" He shakes his head in response.

"Will you be okay?..." Genesis questioned softly and kneeled to our level.

"I'll be alright, I just need to rest for a bit." He slowly gets onto his feet. I helped him up and let him lean on me for support. "I have never exerted this much energy into making a creation before admittedly." He chuckled a little like this was no big deal. It seemed to ease Genesis's worries, but it didn't ease mine. I have never seen him like this.

"Let's go home then, you can come with us Genesis, we have so much to show you!" I continued with his tone of voice. He gestured to me the way back home and I led the way. Genesis kept getting distracted and pointing out all the unknowns and questions I had. To keep Origin focused on resting I answered any of his questions. I couldn't help my smile at his curiosity. Soon we made it to the first where me and Origin found the herd of deer.

The deer goes up to Genesis without fear, Genesis at first confused soon reaches out and touches one of the deer's antlers that matches his own. He laughs a bit.

"They look like me!" He smiles.

"They do, it's cute. They are called deer." I informed him a bit. The deer surrounded him and seemed to like him. Some of them even nudging them for pets. He smiled and the glow in his eye softened.

"Aww, we can all be friends! Of course, we can." He talks to the deer in an odd matter. He then looks at us. "They are also my friends!" He calls to the deer. They all slowly turned their curiosity to us. They began to surround us. One of the deer leaned in close to Origin. He reaches out and pets them gently. Exhausted heaves out with each breath he takes. The deer tried to get me to pet them as well, but I kept my focus on Origin. If he falls over I don't think I would be strong enough to help him up. The deer Origin was petting pulls back and goes over to Genisis. He looks at the deer and back over to us.