𝟎𝟓

AZARIAH SYMONE BLANCHARD | 17PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2021, 5:25PM

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2021, 5:25PM

Azariah stood in the middle of Target, hesitating for a moment before reaching for a pack of pregnancy tests. With a deep breath, she added them to her cart, knowing she needed to face whatever the results might be. She pushed her cart forward, trying to focus on the other items she needed to buy.

"Ain't no way," Isaiah watched from a distance as he browsed the aisles. He was about to walk past her, but seeing what she was purchasing made him pause mid-step.

He was surprised, especially considering who her grandparents were and how much she cared about pleasing them. He knew it wasn't his business, but he couldn't help but wonder about the potential father of the baby. He didn't know Azariah too well, but one name immediately came to mind, Elijah.

ONE HOUR EARLIER

"Brianna what'd you call me over here for? And why weren't you at school today?" Azariah asked, noticing her friend's unusual behavior as they stood in Brianna's bedroom.

"Z-zari. I think I fucked up, I don't know," Brianna stammered as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Bri, what's wrong?" Azariah moved to sit beside her friend on the bed and wrapped an arm around her. Brianna was usually tough, so seeing her on the verge of tears was unusual for Azariah.

"M- my period. I'm late!" Brianna explained, with a hand resting on her stomach "I don't know how I could slip up like this!"

"Brianna, who the hell have you been fucking?! Excuse my language!" Azariah's voice rose in disbelief. Brianna's confession caught her completely off guard. Brianna didn't mention anything about having a boyfriend or getting involved with anyone.

"It's— its Jordan, Zari! We've been messing around, but we've been keeping it low. We didn't wanna tell you or Elijah." She shook her head, struggling to comprehend how she found herself in this situation.

Azariah's eyes widened in shock as she processed the news. She knew Jordan and Brianna were close, but not this close.

"Well have you guys been wrapping up?! Or are you on birth control?!" Azariah questioned, trying to get answers.

"I'm not on birth control, but he uses condoms.... most of the time."

"Most of the time?! Bri!" Azariah scolded her. She couldn't believe Brianna's lack of responsibility in such a serious matter.