" yippy! " I heard Trisha squeak happily.

I looked at kunbi by the pool again he was shouting to some other boys swimming.

Yes kunbi was my bestfriend but I could not just imagine him with that Trisha of a girl. Trisha was definitely hot, beautiful with long black hair and a smooth face. She was fair and her perfect skin made her stand out in the crowd.

"Kemi are you okay?" Tracey asked me breaking my thoughts.

"Ermm can we just go?" I said walking out of the pool gate and down the corridor.

"Wait up kemi" Tracey called out to me.
"What's up with you by the way?"

"Nothing!" I murmured

" is it about what Trisha said at the pool?"
Tracey asked  me but I  didn't answer.

"Ow I see! Remember when I said you liked kunbi? I take that back you definitely love him"

I stopped and stared at my friend for a while before I blurted out.

"I know and I don't want to. I mean I want to but I am really scared Tracey .

"Calm down kemi!" Tracey scolded. " why can't you like someone like Felix huh?"

Tracey mocked and we both laughed .

"You are silly! I said still laughing.

"I know right?"

We laughed a little more before Tracey said she was going home.

"It's already getting late" Tracey added.

" I know you could wait with me and we would drop you off when the driver comes for kunbi and i" I asked pleadingly.

"Maybe next time. If I wait, my mum would freak out thinking I have been kidnapped or something" Tracey said

"Okay tray. See you next week"

" you too! Enjoy your weekend I will call you " Tracey said before hugging me and walking out the school gate.

I walked slowly back to a class and sat down on a desk, my legs dangling down.
"The swimming practice will be over anytime now" I thought to myself as I checked my Watch.

After about 10 minutes I saw a lot of students coming out of the pool area and walking out towards the school gate laughing and making a lot of noise. A couple of boys were booing another while he just laughed back at them.

Looking from one face to another, I didn't see Kunbi among them but  before I got worried, I saw him walking with a duffle bag hanging on one shoukder. Trisha was beside him laughing and faking a cute puppy attitude around him which made me agitated.

I got off the desk I was sitting on and stepped out of the class for the gate quietly singing a song to myself.

Soon I felt a family presence behind me, the one I loved so much and as I turned my head to the side I saw kunbi slow down beside me.

"Hey bestie! He said slinging an arm around me.
" hey!"  I replied forcing a smile.

"What wrong with you ? You left the swimming practice"

"Nothing. I just didn't want to stay there anymore. It was becoming crowdy"

"Okay!" Kunbi said brushing the topic aside".
" you won't believe that girl I was walking with"

"Who? I pretended as if I didn't know who he was walking with.

'She said her name was Trisha or something I don't know"

"What did she say" I asked as If I wasn't curious.

" she said she loved watching me swim" Kunbi said and shrugged.

"She did?" I giggled

"Yeah! I was pretty shocked but then again who can resist all these goodness: kunbi said proudly

"Me! oh God I can resist it please." I gagged.

"Yeah right! Tell me you aren't enjoying my arms around you now?" Kunbi smirked.

"Oh God no please" I said before sliding out of his grip and taking few steps away from kunbi"

" Ow yeah I am not letting you go that easy" Kunbi teased before rushing after me as I started running for the gate.

" first!" I screamed joyfully. "So I get to sit at the owners corner."

"Yeah Yeah!  I only let you win"

"Uh Huh?"

we both got into the car and started driving towards kunbi's house.

"Ermm excuse me sir my house is that way" I told the drive a little confused.

"Yes certainly. Your mum and dad aren't home likewise kunbi's so I was instructed to drop you both at the house."

"Uhrrr... okay sir" I said sliding back into my sit beside kunbi who had a wide grin on his face.

"I guess it's just you and I again" Kunbi smirked

" Oh No!" I murmured and rolled my eyes as I cupped her face in both my palms just before smiling to myself.

Am sorry this chapter came late. Thank you for reading. Please I will like to know what you all think about the story.

Like

Comment

Vote

Thank you