{ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 }

The journey back home felt longer than usual, each step accompanied by a growing sense of unease. I walked back from the hospital, as it was a ten minute walk.

The memory of Will's fragile state lingered in my mind, overshadowing the idea of the disappearing items. Was there a connection? Or was it merely a coincidence, a strange twist of fate that had woven our lives together in this moment of uncertainty?

As I stepped through the door of my home, a chill ran down my spine. The familiar surroundings now seemed alien, every shadow morphing into a potential threat. With cautious steps, I began to search the rooms once more, for these missing items, this time with a heightened sense of vigilance.

But try as I might, the truth remained elusive, hidden in the darkness that cloaked every corner. There was no way I was truly alone in this house, was there something lurking in the shadows, watching, waiting for me to notice them?

Hours passed, each minute stretching into eternity as I wrestled with my thoughts. And then, just as dawn began to break on the horizon, a faint, but tall shadow arose beside me.

My heart skipped a beat as I froze in place, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end. Was it merely a thought of my imagination, a trick played by my uneasy mind? Or was there someone—or something—else in the house with me?

"Maddy, help me..." A voice pleaded, its desperation cutting through the silence like a knife.

It was a young girls voice.

As the figure stepped forward into the light, it was a tall shadow, almost like dark hair being draped down, a single eye in the middle of the dark shadow.

My mind reeled, struggling to comprehend the surreal sight before me. How was this possible? Had my fears finally driven me to madness, or was there a darker force at play?

"Hello..?" My voice stuttered.

But before I could unravel the mystery, the figure began to fade, its form dissolving into the shadows from whence it came.

I was left alone once more.

What on earth?

I'm on the verge of moving houses. I am literally going insane. That wasn't a person.

I'll go and visit my brother soon; I thought to myself.

*BUZZ*

A noise from my pocket made. I immediately fished it from my pocket, and read the message.

WILL 💖

hey maddyyyy
⁰⁷ ³²

hii!! how u doing x
⁰⁷ ³²

honestly, i feel awful
can u please come see me x
⁰⁷ ³²

of course will, omw 🏃‍♀️
ʳᵉᵃᵈ

I immediately put on some old shoes, and darted towards my front door.

Pink key. I thought to myself.

I began to run towards the hospital. Only ten minutes.