Land Ahoy!

A ship carrying a silly man and his dreams comes up on the shore. A song begins to play as the boy in a green waist coat and colorful scarf climbs the mast.

   "𝖫𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖠𝗁𝗈𝗒!"

The boy grabs a rope and slides down with the rest of the crew.

   "𝘎𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦!
𝘎𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘵.
𝘎𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘶𝘱 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦!
𝘎𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵!"

The boy jumps onto a crate which is then lifted by a crane.

"𝘐𝘷𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦!
𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦𝘴."

The captain throws him a bag of sovereigns and he catches them. "Good luck Willy!"

"𝘐𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴!"

He jumps off the boat onto a truck and rides until reaching the town. He slides down a light pole and takes a look at the town around him, taking in the new environment.

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘳 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘦."

Willy is handed a map and gives the man a sovereign. He opens it and inspects it.

"𝘎𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦."

He folds it up to see a young boy that had just cleaned his boots holding his hand up expectingly.

"𝘏𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘻𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘴, 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘯!"

Willy walks over to a produce table and picks up a pumpkin.

"𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦? 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘵."

A streetcar passes and honks behind him, startling Willy causing him to drop it on his feet. The women looks at him and holds out her hand. "Thatll be 3 sovereigns, mate."

"𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦!
𝘐𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵! 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘴𝘪𝘹, 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦-"

The young boy is yet again at his feet cleaning his boot and takes another sovereign from Willy.

"𝘚𝘪𝘹 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵! 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴!"

Willy walks toward the Galeries Gourmet and the boy follows.
"Brush your coats sir?"
"No thank you."
"Cologne?"
"Leave me alone!"
Willy runs to escape from the young boy as he is already half way through his sovereigns. Walking into the Galeries Gourmet, he smiles and looks around dreamily.

"𝘈𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘎𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘵!
𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦'𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝖨𝗍𝗌 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖺𝗂𝖽, 𝗆𝖺𝗆𝖺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘩! 𝘚𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦!
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦."

Willy turns around to see an empty store with a rent sign on it.

"𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺! 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘵.
𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘨𝘰 𝘶𝘱 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵?
𝘐𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦,
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴!"

Willy's imagination takes over and the shop turns into his own with "Wonka" written above the door. He begins to dance and the others around him dance along with him.

An officer standing nearby stares in confusion and starts to walk over. He taps Willy on the shoulder then points at the sign stating "No Daydreaming - Penatly 3 Sovereigns." Willy sighs and gives the officers 3, leaving him only 3 left.

Willy walks down stairs to a river.

    "𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘧𝘶𝘭,
    𝘐𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 -- 𝘖𝘳 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘺,
    𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘧𝘶𝘭
    𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘻𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 
    ..𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺."

A mother carrying her child walks over to Willy. "Could you spare a sovereign for a place to sleep, love?"

    "Of course, take all you need."

She takes two from Willy and scurries off to find a place to stay.

    "𝘐𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵.."

Willy flips the coin and tries to catch it in his pocket, ultimately missing and dropping it down the drain.

He sighs and then smiles, "...𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴!"

  Willy sits down on a bench and sets his case down in front of him. Next taking off his hat and pulling out a pot pouring himself a cup of hot chocolate. While stirring, a dog runs up to him and begins barking and biting at his pants. "Oh, hello there! Shoo! Shoo!!"

    "Stop! Sit!" Yells a voice from the right of him.

-Authors Note-
Hu guys! New author here! Very excited to start this and hopefully complete it! Ill try to update as soon as i can but it may be difficult as my schedule is messy. I edit as i go and will come back to edit later so let me know if you catch anything! Thank youu 💕💕