Reasons

N:- Explain!

N:- Explain!

P:- I...

N:- I what Prerna... I thought tum Anurag ke saath thi... What's even happening here? Tum Rishabh bhai se shadi kyu kr rhi ho...

P:- Bhai?

N:- Actually Abhi bhaiya is my brother and he is friends with Rishabh so I know him since childhood. Hell, he is like my own brother.

P:- What..?

Shock would have been an understatement. It was trust that she always wanted a fairy tail love story straight out of books and she kind of found that with Anurag bit the last thing she expected was for her life to adapt into those forbidden romance novels. What trope is this? Best friend's brother or forced marriage?

Prerna shook her head and proceeded to tell her side of story and didn't forget to add a bunch of profanities to the great Rishabh Bajaj.

Nitya rolled her eyes at the dramatic explanation.

N:- Alright miss. First thing my brother is not a monster. I'm sure there is a bigger reason for what he did.

P:- What could be it? He is just a self righteous and business minded cold hearted person with no empathy for anyone.

N:- Prerna please.

P:- What please? Just because he is your brother doesn't make it all right.

N:- It' not but I know him. He has a strict rules to keep personal and professional life seperate. I don't know what problem he has with the basus but I'm sure he isn't marrying you because of that. He definitely has a reason.

Prerna looked aside. She knew Nitya. She would always be unbiased even if it envolved her family. If she believed that Rishabh had a reason behind his actions other than some petty revenge it has to have some truth in it.

N:- It's ok if you don't believe him. You will once you know him. But first tell me are you still going to marry him?

Prerna looked in her eyes without saying anything. Those eyes speak alot and being her best friend, Nitya could clearly read it. She sighed and nodded.

N:- Fine but talk to him first.

She left the room and Prerna walked to the window.