Chapter 26 Old Companions

Y/n POV -

Thomas placed the explosive gently on the ground and they both put their hands up to show they aren't a threat. "On your feet lets go" a second woman said walking up behind the first "let's go move back up!" "Easy," Jorge says, walking backwards with his hands up "all of you over here now!" they shout. We all stood in a group with the woman pointing their guns at us "Aris" one questioned pulling her face cover down, she was a tall tanned woman with black dreads, the woman behind her was a short blonde girl, "oh my god Harriet" Aris respond gleefully before pushing his way through the group to her embracing her "my god what the hell are you doing here?" She questioned "Sonya!" He questioned cheerfully letting go of Harriet and hugging the blonde haired girl "Aris, your lucky we didn't shoot your dumbass" she chuckled letting go of him "uh what's going on" i question dropping my hands and pushing through the group of boys "we were in the maze together" he exclaimed.

It was a fairly long drive up the mountain to get to the right arm, the scenery was beautiful though, the mountain range splashed with colors that shimmered ever so slightly as the sun danced off their surfaces. That's what I'd like to imagine at least, ever since escaping the maze I've had a tendency to romanticize the little things whenever I have the time to feel serene.

I was drawn out of my trance by someone clearing their throat next to me "so, what have you been up to you ugly shank" Minho joked and punched my arm slightly

"eh not much, Brenda and Jorge took me in after they found me wandering alone in the scorch, i don't really remember how i got out of the maze or into the scorch in the first place but that probably for the best" i sighed pulling my head off the window to look back at him, i knew i shouldn't tell them what happened to me so i decided to keep my mouth shut.

Newt and Thomas were next to him with Frypan and a random soldier in the front. I locked eyes with Newt before looking away and back out the window. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you? How the hell did you survive the griever?" Thomas spoke up, leaning forward to see past Minho. "I don't want to talk about it," I said sharply as we arrived at the camp.

We all filed out of the jeeps one by one, I stared off into the distance admiring all of the self made camp.

it reminded me of the glade a bit, all the stations gave me a sense of home as shucked up as that might sound calling the glade home but it was home Gally made me realize that, i wish he came with us alongside a lot of the other gladers god how i missed everyone, it's hard for me to let them in again and show them that I've missed them i just don't want to be hurt if i lose them all again.

"Hey" a familiar British voice sounded from behind me, i let out a breath and turned to look at him "hey" i breathed looking up slightly to match his eyeline "i know that this isn't a good time but" Newt started before glancing back at Thomas and Minho "we need to talk to you about something" he sighed finishing his sentence "okay?" I questioned furrowing a bit "he's gone y/n" Thomas said reluctantly giving me a side hug "i kind of need more information than that to understand what your saying Thomas" i chuckled "Gally" Minho piped up "yeah i know he is, i saw him walk away from us when we left, i'm not blind you know" i huffed, upset that they bought that painful moment back to light "no y/n your not understanding, he's dead" Thomas said.

I felt my chest tighten at his words and my breaths getting more labored "wha....what happened?" I questioned glancing up at the boys.

"well, when we got out of the maze we entered this big room and looked around a bit as people do" Minho started "and he walked through the doors holding a gun, he got stung on his way to us or on his way to find you i should say, we all thought you were dead and when he found out that you were, its like something inside of him broke, he became frantic and violent threatening Thomas with a gun so i did what i had to do."

"You did what you had to do?" I said tightening my posture and walking closer to him with my eyebrows furrowed and clenching my fists feeling my nails digging into my palms.

"I had a spear, it went through his chest, I'm so sorry y/n i killed him. I didn't want to trust me, he shot chuck trying to get to Thomas" Minho frantically explained putting his arms out on front of him to keep distance between us

"As much as i love chuck and it hurts to know that he's shucking dead GALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO! He loved chuck like his own SON MINHO, AND YOU KILLED HIM, YOU KILLED GALLY, WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK HIM OUT OR SOMETHING WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU" guttural screams erupting prom my chest and hot tears streaming down my face as I swing my fists at Minho, being held back by Thomas and newt. We attracted a crowd with all the noise i was making "GET OFF ME" i screamed managing to shake newt off me and elbowing Thomas in the face before charging at Minho, tackling him to the ground "CALM DOWN Y/N I HAD TO OKAY I'M SORRY PLEASE" Minho shrieked trying to push me off him "YOU KILLED HIM, YOU KILLED HIM. YOU KILLED HIM" i screamed repeatedly, smashing my fists into Minho's face. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso before being ripped off Minho and thrown onto the ground "what the hell Jorge" i hissed through gritted teeth "that's enough Y/n!" He said standing over me "oh shuck you Jorge you know nothing about what's going on" i said boosting myself off of the ground and brushing the dirt off myself "i said that's enough, you know the rules, and if we want to be accepted here you need to behave" he said grabbing either of my shoulders and looking at me in the eyes.

"Fine, but just know he deserved it" I said, sighing and glaring at Minho over Jorge's shoulder. "well considering you were screaming that he killed someone I reckon he did" he chuckled, giving me a soft hug before letting go.

I decided to go for a walk to cool off a bit. I found myself wandering away from camp and onto a rocky ridge, the view from the ridge was nice, I could see over the whole camp and the horizon was beautiful, I felt a twinge of sadness wash over me as I thought back to the glade and the people we left behind, I hung my legs off the side of the rocky ledge and laid back against the sandy ground peering up into the starry skies above me, "hey" a soft familiar voice speaks from behind me, making me prop myself up on my elbows "hey newt" i sigh laying back down hearing his shallow strides coming closer as he sits down beside me "been a while, I've uh. I've missed you, y/n a lot" his British voice hesitated." I bet you have "I sighed, peering up at the shades of blue and orange twisting together in the sky. "Its beautiful isn't it" I whispered, turning my head to face him just to see his beautiful brown eyes looking back at me "yeah it is." he sighed looking back at the sunset. I studied his face as his eyes twinkled the reflection of the setting sun.. then his face slowly sank into a look of concern, i turned my head to see what he was staring at, and that's when i saw it, helicopter lights swarming across the horizon heading straight for us.