041. ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ

Start from the beginning

It didn't take the Salvatore long to have his mate's shirt removed, laying abandoned on the ground.

Stefan's lips found Arabella's again as they deepend their kiss.

🌶️

However before they could do anything else, the front door flew and an Original walked inside.

"Well, well, well." Klaus muttered as Arabella pushed Stefan off her, so she could put on her shirt again. "Don't worry, love. Nothing I haven't seen before." 

Klaus obviously ignored the growling that came from Stefan.

"Funny. I'm gonna go check up on Ric." Arabella spoke, quickly before making her way to the basement where Alaric was, but not after grabbing a bottle of Whiskey.

"Do you know how hard it is to fall asleep when that's what you're supposed to do?" Alaric asked her, lying on the cot with his eyes closed as he spoke.

"It's impossible." Arabella answered, remembering all the sleepless night she had had while on the run from Klaus. "Look, I know it's not easy, so Damon suggested I bring something to help speed up the process." She showed him the bottle.

"What the hell."

Alaric sat up, putting the book he was reading before she came downstairs next to him as she opened the cell and entered it, handing the bottle to the history teacher and grabbing herself a chair to sit on.

"You know, I'll feel decidedly less pathetic if I don't drink alone." He said, opening the bottle.

"Oh, I'm one step ahead of you." She said as she came back with the chair and two glasses. She sat the chair down in front of Alaric as he poured them both a glass.

"So, road trip, huh?"

"Yeah, we needed to stay here. I can't leave anyways, Riley is at school, so."

"You know, it doesn't take much to baby-sit me while I sit here waiting for a psychotic break."

"Well, unfortunately, we only have a limited amount of time." Arabella said.

"Before what?" He asked.

"Before we have to resort to other methods." Arabella said. "Damon's words." She quickly added.

"So you're worried you're going to have to torture it out of me. And you don't think Damon could have done that?"

"Look, Elena needed to go on that road trip with Damon to get Jeremy back home. And please I don't think you want your best friend to torture you, now do you?"

⭒❃.✮:▹

"You think they got Jeremy by now?" Alaric asked her after some time, Arabella was sure than an hour or two had already passed by just their drinking.

"They should. I haven't heard from them. Elena's worried about him. Now that she can't count on his ring anymore."

"Who knows. Maybe his alter ego's a pot-smoking, hippie pacifist."

Arabella laughed.

"I can't say I thought mine would be so hostile and militant."

"Actually, it makes perfect sense. Your wife left you to become a vampire and your ex-girlfriend was almost killed by one. Where is Jenna by the way?" It had been such a long time since she had seen Jenna but the Sommers had left town for a while.

"New York." Alaric said before changing the subject from Jenna. "He must really hate me. The failed hunter-slash- drinking buddy of vampires."

"Ah. He's too judgmental."