“Did your family never go camping when you were little?” He asks.

“Do you see these boots? I had to buy them last week because I only had running shoes, no Marcus, my family didn't spend the weekends sleeping on the floor of a tent” I say pointing to the bright new shoes that were now covered in mud.

“Did you prefer spending time at the Ritz?” He teased.

“More like surfing in Portugal and Brazil, at sea level, without having to climb a mountain to reach my destination if possible” Since we were little we found a safe place near the sea, always finding some hidden haven where we could take refuge away from the spotlight for a few weeks.

“A beach girl in the mountains? You must be having the time of your life then”

“It's cold, it's wet and now you've made me paranoid about the bears, I'm not at my best” I confess.

“Okay, stop” He stops me and looked me up and down “First of all, the cold could be because you haven't even put on gloves, all the cold is lost through your hands”

“Well, it was warm in monaco” He took a pair of gloves out of his pocket and offered them to me.

“We are five thousand feet above sea level Sienna, take them” I sigh and pick them up and put them on “I can't do anything to make it less humid but maybe, and this is a wild guess, don't let the pants drag around freely? You take all the dew that the plants have and I'm sure you're cold because of that too, put them inside your socks next time, It will also protect you from getting bitten by a tick or something” What did he just say?

“Did you just say that a tick could bite me?”

“Do you think I wear my pants like this for fun?” He asked, looking at me with a frown.

“I thought it was a fashion statement!” I explain.

“What kind of statement would that be?!”

“For your lack of fashion taste?” His mouth remained ajar for a moment before he composed himself and responded.

“I can't do anything for your hair” He pointed at my head.

“What's wrong with my hair?” I ask self-conscious, one of my hands going up to my head.

Last week I had removed the braids that used to style my hair during race weekends, taking advantage of almost the month of rest we had between races to do so. What I hadn't realized was the humidity that was going to be here and that is probably making my hair a mess right now.

“Did I say hair? I meant backpack, you carry it loose, your back will hurt” He took a step closer to me and grabbed the straps of my backpack, tightening them so that it sat higher on my back “That's better”

“Don't tell me you're a secret lover of all this” A huge smile appeared on his face when I asked him that.

“Who do you think gave the team the idea?” He said, giving me a wink and continuing to walk behind the team, now even more far away than before.

“I hate you so much right now”

“Come on, there are only about five miles left!”

“Only?!”

“It will go by quickly”

“I really doubt it”

@marcusfoster posted a story