You changed me

Ryu Shi-oh & Female Reader

You were sitting at home waiting anxiously for your husband to return from his business trip You'd brought something to surprise him with and were eager to share it with him

You were sitting at home waiting anxiously for your husband to return from his business trip You'd brought something to surprise him with and were eager to share it with him. It was partly because he'd been working super hard and was always spoiled you, and partly because it was something you wanted to.

Knowing he was due back any minute, you left the living room closing the door behind you to keep your secret hidden for as long as possible. The second you heard the jangle of keys outside your front door, you swung it open. You were greeted by a surprised looking Shi-oh, stood with his keys poised, ready to unlock the now open door.

"Hey, babe," you said softly, taking his slightly outstretched wrist and guiding him over the threshold. "Welcome home"

He gave you a quick peck on the lips, before pulling down his keys and removing his shoes. "Why are we being so quiet?" He said in an exaggerated whisper.

"Ok, don't freak out, but I got you a surprise."

"That doesn't explain the whispering."

"It will," you told him, opening the door to the living room again.

Waiting just other side of the door were the big, black eyes and wagging tail of the spaniel puppy you'd picked up that morning. Shi-oh looked shocked and you hit him lightly to wake him up

"I said don't freak out, you'll scare her!"

"Where did you get that dog and She's a girl?" He asked, slightly quieter.

" I got her this morning and yeah," you told him.

He knelt down on the floor and held out his hand so that the puppy could approach him and give him a sniff. She seemed quite happy with him as she proceeded to lick at his fingers.

"I've been calling her Susie, but we can change that if you don't like it."

"I love it," Shi-oh announced as he picked up the little bundle of fluff. "Kiss me," he told her as he pouted, and she eagerly obliged, licking his face and wagging her tail frantically.

"I think she likes you," you laughed.

Shi-oh stood up with Susie safely held in one hand and pulled you into his side with other.

"I am a very lucky man, with two gorgeous girls who like me," he said pressing a kiss to each of your heads.

"I'm so pleased you two get on," you told him.

"Perfect," he said, giving you a kiss. "The beginnings of our own little family

 "The beginnings of our own little family