9: That Was Awkward

- hi!!!
- 3rd person POV
- TW: mentions of rape, miscarriage, and a bit of cussing...

Let's just say that after that emotional moment with Natasha, you two became quite close, some would say that you're the bestest of friends, though you two never put a label. It's been a week since Dimitar was brought in and he's been shaking with fear at the thought of whatever you might do to him; you still haven't done anything to him, you were going to, but somehow Natasha had managed to convince you of not doing that, so now you just kept him to make him terrified.

Ella and Gio were...confused to say the least, up until Ella understood and had a knowing look on her face every time you were with Natasha. Ever since that day; 7 years ago, she had never seen you smile so widely, or laugh so genuinely, maybe even before that, and she's glad.

Gio on the other hand is quite oblivious, as he keeps on flirting with Natasha; from different endearments to kisses on her knuckles, sometimes he'd slip on a few sex innuendos with a wink, which clearly pissed off both Mariela and Natasha, though Natasha played along as she didn't want to come off as mean, and Mariela tried her best to ignore since she didn't want to get teased.

As for this hour, Mariela and Ella are currently sitting together in Ella's room, Ella was scrolling randomly through her instagram page while Mariela was thinking of Natasha, which confused the brunette.

Ella looked up from her phone seeing her sister in a trance while smiling, and she quickly knew what her sister was thinking about.

"You're thinking about her, aren't you?" Ella smirks.

Mariela quickly snaps out of her deep thinking and frowns at Ella, her smile quickly disappearing. "Who?".

"Don't act dumb, and don't think I haven't noticed" Ella says sternly while giving her a small smile.

"I seriously don't know who you're talking about" Mariela insists, getting confused.

"Natasha, you're thinking about Natasha" Ella teases, causing Mariela to scoff and push out a laughter trying to cover up that she got caught.
"Don't be ridiculous, what made you think of such an inaccurate assumption".

Ella raises her right eyebrow "you know, I have always told you that you're a terrifyingly good liar; but, I practically raised you, so lying to me is like lying to someone who has a caring observant mother".

"Well then, please do support the main idea 'I am thinking of Natasha' with strong convincing details".

"One...for the past 7 god damn years, anytime you fell into a trance you'd have this stern 'fuck the fuck off' face, that is IF you ever did, which was little, however right now you were smiling"

Ella grins widely at Mariela's temporarily defeated face, Mariela just rolls her eyes at her sister's reason.

"First of all, I don't have a 'fuck the fuck off' face..." Ella rolls her eyes and gives her an unamused expression. "...secondly...that doesn't prove anythi-".

"Yoosh you know there is no point at lying, I know you care about her, so just get at it..." Ella stops when she sees little sad emotion in the brunettes hazel eyes and the light frown at her face, so Ella clicks her tongue and sighs.

"You're in denial, sah? (Right?)" Ella asks softly.

"I don't care about her" Mariela grumbles while having a million thoughts swirling around in her head, while Ella had only one thought, here we go again...

"My imaginary pie chart says otherwise, I'll give you a visual, times that Mariela laughed genuinely with others, 99.5% of the chart in red with Natasha, o.5 % in blue with her siblings, 0% in nothing for other people.. the numbers don't lie sissy, so instead of going through the whole stage of denial...again, just accept it and think about a way to make a move".