"I made a copy of a paper that Jeremy wrote for me. I think you should take a look at it." Alaric told Elena she stayed after class. "Jeremy wrote this?" Elena asked as she saw the title of it. 'Fact or Fiction: The Truth About Vampires in Mystic Falls.' "He's very clear that he didn't think it was real," Alaric reassured her. "I really hope you're right because I've done so much to protect him from all of this," Elena said. "So how do you deal with it?" Alaric asked. "What do you mean?" Elena asked him. "I don't know. With all the lies and the secrets. You have to lie to everyone important to you." Alaric said. "It's not safe for them to know the truth. So yes I keep it from them but it's only because I love them." Elena said. "Stefan and Allison are good people but at the end of the day. They're still vampires." Alaric said unknown to him Allison was standing outside the class listening to the conversation. "I know it's hard to understand but Stefan's different and I've learned now that Allison is too. They would never do anything to hurt me." Elena said.

Allison currently sat at the table with Jeremy and his uncle John, Jenna standing in the kitchen. "I have no interest in the Founder's Day kick-off party," Jeremy said. "Sure you do it's tradition," John said. "Far be it from us to break from tradition," Jenna said. "And the Gilbert's have been a part of this town for 150 years. One of the founding families and with that distinction come certain obligations. Including going to the party. One day when you can appreciate the significance I'll tell you all about your heritage." John said. "Mmm. The Gilbert family legacy. I forgot how sacred it was. I'm not a Gilbert so I was never cool enough to hear it." Jenna commented. "Why does she hate you?" Jeremy asked. "We used to sleep together," John said causing Jenna to throw a rag at her. "Huh!" Jeremy said. "I'm standing right here," Jenna told John.

"So Allison your brother is Damon right?" John asked addressing her. "Uh yeah he's my older brother and Stefan is my twin," Allison told him. "I had the pleasure of meeting him today," John told her. "Really? I'm sure he was pleasant as always." Allison said sarcastically. "Very much so. Are you going to the party?" John asked her. "Yes as you said us founding families have to uphold tradition," Allison told him. "See you won't be alone Jeremy you'll have your girlfriend with you," John said causing Jeremy to choke on his food. "Uh she's, she's not my girlfriend," Jeremy told him. "Yeah, we're just friends," Allison told him.

"Okay spill it Jeremy why have you been avoiding me?" Allison asked as they walked up to his room after excusing themselves from the table. "I haven't been avoiding you I've just been busy okay? It's not like you've tried hanging out with me I mean you left for a couple of weeks." Jeremy told her. "I know and I'm sorry but I needed to be there for Bonnie," Allison told him. "I need you too," Jeremy told her as he stood in front of her. Allison sighed and pulled the boy into a hug. "Can you stay please?" Jeremy asked her. "I don't have any clothes," Allison told him. "You can just wear mine like always." He to her. "Okay," Allison said and Jeremy handed her one of his shirts for her to change into. Once she was ready she got in bed with Jeremy and they drifted off to sleep.

When Allison had woken up Elena dragged her to her room. "Woah Elena if you wanted me in your bed you could've just said that," Allison told her. "I can't believe you and Stefan are twins when you and Damon are much more alike," Elena told her rolling her eyes. "Eh, she doesn't murder people as much as me." Allison heard behind her. "Oh look at that you have Damon here too. You know I'm not really into that." Allison said. "Can you two be serious for once?" Elena asked. "Okay sorry," Allison said then sat at the edge of Elena's bed.