Nineteen || Weapons

Start from the beginning

Some of them even started humming along to be the background melody while some stomped their feet.

With that, Kohaku pretended to hold a crown and Chrome bowed in front of everyone while you described it in an interesting way, "There will come a ruler, whose brow is laid in thorn. Smeared with oil like David's boy. Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord!"

"Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai!" The people exchanged glances and then let out a hearty applause to end it, "Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai!! Ooohhh!!"

As the song concluded, everyone joyously laughed together. Everyone had a great time at the party, and their bond became stronger when they sang together.

On the other hand, you were laughing foolishly with Chrome and Kohaku.

Your stomach felt ticklish at this point. This was one of the best moments after the petrification happened; The time when everyone was blissfully together.

Senku, who was watching from some distance, noticed your amused expression. With his arms crossed and his back against a tree trunk, he couldn't help but soften his stare.

The whole damn zoo was yours to give him; He didn't need any butterflies.

Gen, who stood next to him, took an interest in what Senku saw from a distance. Realizing Senku had been looking at you the entire time, Gen smirked teasingly.

"AAAYYYYEEEEE-!!"

"No."

Sadly, Senku already knew what was going through Gen's head.

"But-"

"No."

Grumbling, Gen rolled his eyes, "You're no fun, Senku-chan. Perhaps I should tell (Name)-chan that her grouchy boyfriend needs her help to learn how to have fun."

"Huh?!" Senku's eyebrows furrowed as he whipped his head toward Gen instantly.

When Senku tried to stop him, Gen was already cackling while sprinting in your direction without waiting a second.

Senku realized it was too late to even stop the mentalist when Gen began to whisper something to you.

He thus sank back into leaning against the trunk again. He'd never had this experience in his life.

He's clearly not used to being teased about the feeling he had. Normally, he wouldn't give a damn, but on this particular occasion, it was different.

After he turned around, he noticed there were Ruri and you by his side. The fact that you were here confused him a little.

When he looked back, Gen appeared to be slumped in disappointment from afar.

'Huh, good to know.' Smirking, Senku turned his attention back to the two girls in front of him, "Need something?"

"There is more that I would like to tell you privately." Ruri flashed him her typical lovely smile, but you could see that there was seriousness hiding behind it, "Come with me."

Senku and you both shot each other a knowing look before the three of you left the village and crossed the bridge to go far into the forest.

"I brought the two of you out here to tell you that both of your stories end with the same message." Ruri started calmly as she led the way ahead, "One left by Byakuya-sama. I thought the two of you should be the only ones to hear it."

"Kukuku... I kinda figured it would be something along those lines." Senku responded.

You chuckled, sheepishly, "He's trying too hard to be that anime protagonist's lovable father."