Within seconds, you felt yourself shaking his hand and wishing him a happy birthday, a genuine smile on his face. He seemed cool, maybe this party didn't have to be hell after all. Samuel and Emily continued to talk for a few minutes, leaving you next to them to stand in silence awkwardly, something you did a little too often. 

Towards the end of their conversation, Sam pointed in a direction, causing Emily to take your hand in hers, pulling you through the crowd as she said her goodbye's to her friend. "Talk to you later!" She half-yelled as the crowd's volume started to rise. The music that was playing also managed to hurt your ears a little, but you were used to it by now.

You assumed she was taking you to get a drink, or maybe her friends as you trustfully followed her lead. Once again, she came to a stop after about a minute. As you had predicted, her friend group was sitting on a couch, and the both of you were immediately met with a bunch of smiles as your gaze scanned the people.

When your eyes met Bella's, it was like your heart started beating at ten times its regular speed, most likely because you felt yourself get more awkward as you sat down between Emily and Amybeth. This time, the brunette was seated on the other side of the large couch, not able to meet your gaze anymore as the amount of people on the couch blocked their view.

Finally, you felt yourself get a little more comfortable as Amy engaged with you, making you feel more at ease. Even though the two of you had only met a few times, she never failed at making you feel included, something you truly admired about her. After merely seconds, Bella and Kiki stood up from the couch, causing your eyes to meet once again.

This time around, you swore you could see Bella's cheeks turn red, but it was hard to tell due to the limited light in the room. "We're getting drinks, you guys want anything?" Kiki asked, as the brunette seemed fixated on you. You could hear Emily chuckle at the sight of it, but none of the other people seemed to notice it as Kiki began taking your orders.

You weren't the one to break the eye contact as Bella turned around and walked away, leaving to get all of you drinks. You couldn't quite figure out why the two of you just stared in silence for what felt like ages. Emily nudged you in the arm softly as you continued your conversation with Amybeth, and you tried to ignore it by shaking your head slowly. 

It felt like hours before the two finally returned, over a dozen drinks in their hands. You giggled at the sight, making Bella's cheeks turn even hotter. They reached out to give you the drink you had asked for, their fingers touching yours as they handed it over. It almost felt like an electrical shock as you pulled your hand back, causing you to down the drink within seconds.

You felt yourself get uncomfortable as the two sat back down, having nobody to talk to as everyone was caught up in their own things. You didn't blame them, as you were the intruder who had randomly joined their group hangouts just weeks ago. To spare yourself from sitting there all by yourself, you excused yourself to go outside for a smoke.

You hurried through the corridors, rummaging through your pockets to feel your cigarettes and lighter in one of them. If you had forgotten them, there was a huge part of you that had probably wanted to leave. The anxiety started creeping up on you right as you reached a door that lead to a balcony.

After struggeling for a few seconds, you opened the door, stepping into the cold night air as the moonlight hit your face. You walked to the edge of the balcony, leaning your hands on the railing for a few seconds before grabbing the cigarettes from your pocket. 

Just as you lit the cigarette, you heard the door open again. You didn't bother turning around as you breathed in the first puff, calming you down within seconds. "You know those will end up killing you, right?" A familiar voice said as they walked up the the railing, taking in the space right next to you.

Your gaze fell on the brunette as they stared into the dark city. "What are you doing here?" You said, the words coming out meaner than you intended them to. "I figured you'd be out here." Bella shrugged, seeming unbothered by your tone as they leaned their arms on the railing just like you had done just seconds before.

Without engaging any further, you took another puff from the cigarette, not allowing them to interrupt the quiet you so desperately needed right now. "Can I try?" They asked as they looked at your hand holding the cig. You turned around slightly to face them, a grin on your face.

"You really want to?" You chuckled, finding their request both stupid and funny. "Would I ask you if I didn't want to?" They teased, shaking their head teasingly as their eyes remained fixated on yours. "Alright, alright. Be careful." You let out a small sigh as you passed them the cigarette.

The way Bella held the thing already caused you to form a smile. They tried their absolute hardest to remain casual as they put the cigarette on their lips, inhaling the smoke. It didn't take long before they burst out coughing, causing you to chuckle at them. "Fucking idiot." You shook your head as you bit the inside of your cheek, a teasing smile still on your face.

"That's disgusting." They said, passing it back to you while still coughing. When their eyes landed on your face, a small smile appeared on their face as well. "You just have to get used to it." You smiled before taking another puff. "Why the fuck would I want to get used to that shit?" They joked, causing you to let out yet another chuckle.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Why are you so smiley?" Emily asked as she started up the car. After a good few hours of awkwardly drinking, your best friend also decided she wanted to go home. "It's probably the alcohol." You brushed her off, the feeling in your gut telling you other things.

It was the weirdest feeling ever, something you had never felt before. "Alright, if you say so." She shook her head, clearly not buying your excuse as she kept her eyes on the dark road ahead of her. "Don't act all grumpy just because you couldn't drink. I warned you before we went." You teased, causing her chuckle softly.

"Definitely not grumpy, just surprised by the fact that you think I didn't notice both you and Bella disappearing for like a good twenty minutes." She had that same evil grin on her face as she continued to look in front of her. "I went for a smoke, sorry to break it to you." You say, telling the truth as you really did go for a smoke. 

Emily let out a soft sigh, probably because she was disappointed by the fact that her two friends didn't hook up with one another. "Alright, it would be too messy anyways." She said, slowly beginning to accept the so-called truth. "Huh?" You asked her, oblivious to what she was talking about. 

"You and Bella."

☆☆☆

𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩!

𝙄𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥𝙨 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮!

AN: I'm getting comments now!??! Your support truly means the world<33

Happy Easter (for what's left of it)!! I really wanted to come out with an extra chapter as this story hit 500 reads?! Thank you so much for everything!!!

Fun fact, I actually did research as to when people's birthdays were, and this was the birthday that came closest to the timeframe of the story:)

Wordcount: 2622