Chapter 11: New York arrival and Bombshell is dropped

Later that evening around 8:30 in New York City, a large city in the state of New York that is known for it's Urban Parks, Subways, Broadway Shows, Commuter Rail, Shopping Stores, Sports Teams and Skyline and it's also called The Big Apple and at an airport called LaGuardia, Abby and Alex were seen exiting as they just arrived.

"We finally made it to New York. Here's where we'll be rehearsing for not only The View, but for the competition." Alex stated. "I sure love coming here, Miss Abby."

"I know you do." Abby told him. "The competition'll be in Bernardsville in New Jersey and it's called the Masters Of Dance Arts and that'll be our first time dancing at the competition and we'll rehearse at the Stepping Out Studios and we start our rehearsals on Monday."

"Correct and which hotel we'll be staying at?" Alex asked.

"The New York Marriott Marquis and the girls and moms will be arriving later in the night and we'll share a room." Abby said.

"All righty, i'm good with that."

"Now let's head to our hotel."

Abby and Alex found a taxi van and put their luggage in the back before getting in.

"Where would you like to go?" The taxi driver asked.

"New York Marriott Marquis, please." Alex responded.

"Sure thing." The taxi driver told them as he started driving them to the hotel and 48 minutes later thanks to traffic, the taxi arrived at the New York Marriott Marquis and after coming to a stop, Abby paid the taxi driver before she and Alex exited the taxi van and went to get their bags from the rear and went inside the hotel and the dance teacher went to the front desk as Alex was admiring the hotel.

"Our hotel rooms will be on the 45th floor." Abby told him.

"Thanks for letting me know." Alex said.

Abby nodded before she and Alex walked to the elevator and it took them to the 45th floor and as they arrived, they got off the elevator and walked to their hotel room and when they got to the door, Abby used the card key and that unlocked the door and they entered.

The hotel room was a suit and it was marvelous as it was 811 square feet with a bedroom with a King Sized Bed, desks, lamps, closet and Flat Screen TV, there was a bathroom with a sink, tub and a shower and there was another closet located near the door and in addition, there was a dining room and a living room with a sofa bed, u shaped sofa, desk, lamp and a flat screen TV and also, it gave a wonderful view of Times Square.

"What do you think?" Abby asked.

"This is wonderful." Alex stated. "I'll sleep on the sofa bed."

"I was about to ask you about that, good idea."

"Gianna just texted me, she told me that her, the moms and the girls all are boarding a flight, but they'll be landing at JFK airport instead of LaGuardia." Abby informed.

"All right, i'm gonna watch some TV." Alex told Abby, who nodded.

Alex sat down on the l shaped sofa and turned on the TV and he watched MSG network, a channel for New York sports.

"I'll unpack while you do that and when you get a chance, you can put your clothes in the closet next to the door." Abby said, heading in to the bedroom to put her clothes in the closet in the bedroom and an hour after watching TV, he could hear Abby sigh, so he went to see what was going on and he could tell that she was on edge about something.

"Miss Abby, i'm noticing that you're on edge about something, is everything all right?" Alex asked with concern.

"Can you sit next to me?" Abby asked him.

He had a look of confusion when his dance teacher said that, but he walked towards her and sat on the bed next to the dance teacher

"The reason why i asked you to do that is because there's something i have to tell you." Abby told him.

"What's going on?" Alex wondered.

"Alex..." Abby sighed, trying to find the words for what she was about to tell him. "Do you remember when Kayla brought you to the studio and she raised you since birth?

Alex nodded, he was wondering what Abby was getting at.

"She called me weeks ago and she told me to tell you that even though she was grateful for you being in her life and all that, she isn't your actual mother."

The 10 year old boy was stunned and shocked, the woman that had raised him since birth wasn't his actual mother and he was trying to process that as he didn't know what to say.

"If she wasn't my mother even though she had raised me since birth, who is my real mother?"

Abby took a deep breath as she pulled something out as it was now or never and as it turned out, it was a photo that Kayla had given her not too long ago and on the back had Alex's name on it along with the date of his birth and she gave it to Alex as he looked at the back of the photo before he turned it around.

It was a picture taken at the Mount-Sinai Hospital in Miami Beach on the day he was born and that explained why his birthday was on the back. When Alex looked at the photo closer, he gasped at who was holding him.

"No way...it can't be..." Alex gasped, his hands shaking as he thought he was seeing things in the photo and he saw that the person that was holding was none other than Abby, who was laying in a hospital bed in a hospital gown holding what turned to be Alex in her arms smiling at the camera as Alex had despair in his voice as he looked at Abby as tears formed in his eyes. "Is..is it true? A...are...you...my...actual...mom?"

Abby gave a very slow nod as she dropped the bombshell about the photo she had just given him as she held his hands, knowing that Alex's life was about to change from that moment on.

"Alex...it's true, i am your actual mother."