Following his lead, you were led to his dorm room, which... was certainly something. You could see how all his furniture was Japanese style, but the walls and flooring didn't match, so it just looked weird.

"What's up with all this Japanese furniture? I didn't know you were the traditional type, Todoroki." He shrugged his shoulders as he fixed a lamp, "We have tatami floors at home, so I can't relax with this flooring. Do you think you can use your quirk to change it?"

You blinked in confusion, "I can, but that'll only give you the look. It won't change the feeling of this flooring with tatami mats."

He seemed conflicted when he heard that, making you huff slightly, "Why don't you just get tatami mats? Those carpenters even install them for you."

"I... don't know where I can find one." Right... For someone who's been sheltered since a young age, you don't expect him to know about this kind of stuff. Well, it's not like you knew much about it either.

"Then... what are you going to do now?" You questioned, making the boy heave a sigh, "Nevermind it then, I'll just make do with this." He muttered as he opened his window, just looking out with a small frown like an anime character.

Poor guy. You kinda get how difficult it can be to settle in a completely different type of housing when you have lived in a particular one for your whole life.

You just kinda stared at him awkwardly, almost about to take your leave because you were of no use to him when he called out to you.

"By the way, [Last Name]. I've been meaning to ask you... are you okay?" You couldn't help but turn to him in surprise, "Huh? Of course I am."

He's asking you? He's the one who looks like a kicked puppy right now!

But he just blinked at you in question and you raised an eyebrow at that. Why is he looking at you like that?

"Sorry, you just looked distressed. I was worried you might have been sick." You were taken aback. Did you really look distressed?

Well... You were still subconsciously thinking about your family.

But you didn't think that your conflicts with your family would show up on your expressions. You were sure you had sorted that out... Well, almost sure. Because while you may have cleared things up with them, something was still bugging you and you just couldn't put your finger on it.

The fact that Todoroki was able to notice that about you almost made you chuckle out loud, "You're pretty sharp, aren't you?" He just shrugged at your remark, "We've known each other since middle school. I like to think I know you well enough."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." At that, he perked up once more, "Would you like to talk about it?"

Would you? Maybe... You'd like to have a second opinion from an outsider to see if you really are the asshole and perhaps you should be feeling guilty, or maybe it's just your people pleaser attitude acting up again. But it's kinda embarrassing, especially because you know that Todoroki's family problems are far more worse than whatever problems you have.

But you also don't want to be comparing trauma here... Ugh, why couldn't you just have this conversation with Momo?!

You slumped in dejection before looking at your candycane classmate, "I don't know... It's kinda stupid." He almost seemed offended at your words, "I don't think it's stupid if it's bothering you."

"No, really... I really feel like this is stupid." He seemed to think about your words for a few seconds before giving you a small, somewhat knowing smile.

Viridityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें