The kiss

Word count: 2024
Warnings: sexual assault (unwanted kissing), anxiety
Summary: y/n goes to the bar with some friends when someone kisses her. What will she do? And how will her girlfriend, Reneé, react?

"Come on, you can't miss another get together." My friend, Lyra, tells me. I roll my eyes and nod, knowing I couldn't miss this. It was one of my other friends birthday, and she had planned a whole night out for the whole group. "Alright. I'll ring Reneé and get ready. When are you picking me up?" I ask and she scoffs. "Girl you can literally walk there it takes like five minutes. I'll pick you up at 7." She says and I laugh before hanging up the phone.

I then ring Reneé, getting up with my phone in hand to pick an outfit. "Hey baby, you okay?" She says and I smile at the sound of her voice. "Yeah I'm okay. I'm just ringing to let you know I've been invited to a birthday thing for Bea." I say. "Okay." Reneé responds, making me frown. "Do you mind if I go?" I say and she chuckles. "Baby we've been over this. You don't have to ask permission to go out. Thank you for letting me know though. I'll be home at about half eight tonight, it's a late shoot." She groans and I hear someone laugh in the background.

"Alright. I'll be gone by the time you get back but I'll leave some dinner in the microwave for you." I say and she scrunches her nose. "Thank you, you always make the best food." She says and I shake my head, laughing. "I don't know what to wear." I say, pouting. "What type of party is it. Are you just getting drinks? Is it a I'll have a few drinks or I'm getting shit faced? Is it at a restaurant or a bar? These things are very important." She says and I hear Amrit in the background agree.

"It's in the bar like five minutes away from the house, I forget the name." I say and she nods. "Ahh yes the uh... that one." She says, clearly not remembering the name either. I nod and she nods, thinking. "You could wear your cute little dress, the black one." She says and I nod. "You think it wouldn't be like over or under dressing?" I check and she shakes her head. "Nah, I think it'll be perfect." She says and I smile. "Thank you Angel. I love you." I say and I watch as her cheeks go rosy and her smile widens. "I love you too baby."

I then hear a rustle of bodies and orders being thrown around. "Alright babe I have to go, but message me if you need anything and have a good time at the party tonight." She says and I nod. "Thank you baby. Message me if you need anything, have a good rest of your day. Love you!" I say and she smiles. "Love you too, goodbye!"

The phone ends and I check the time. It was already nearing five so I quickly get ready before cooking a small portion of pasta, and adding a full portion for Reneé. Once it's cooked I put some sauce with it and grate some cheese on top. I put Reneés in the microwave and eat mine and before I know it there's a knock at the door.

I grab some gum and pop one in my mouth as I answer the door. "You ready?" Lyra says and I nod, smiling. "Very."

We drive to the place and it takes barely two minutes. When we arrive I already see my friends Lia, Noah and Bea herself. I hug her and wish her a happy birthday before giving her a gift. It was only a small thing, but she seems to like it anyway and hugs me tightly. "Come on, let's have a few drinks!" I hear Lyra say and everyone cheers, Lia and Bea downing their drinks before turning to the bartender and getting a round of shots for everyone.

We all take the shot at the same time and everyone cheers before going into conversations. I talk with Noah, her being the closest to me. We talk about her younger brother who she is taking care of while her mom is in her home country taking care of her father. I nod along with her, slowly drinking my drink. I rarely get shitfaced drunk, especially without Reneé, so I don't down as many shots as everyone else. I text Reneé a few times, sending a few pictures, before moving closer to the group when a lot of people come into the bar.