Chapter 5: Trash Magic

After I told Lisa and Mandy agreed to help me change my style and make me feel more like myself we went to Hogsmade and went to store after store looking for hair dye, makeup products, clothes, and everything imaginable. They chose a hair color that would suit me and my undertones and chose clothes that would suit my body and makeup that would make my features stand out.

Once we got everything we needed, we went back to our dorm, Lisa and Mandy threw all the bags of clothes and products on my bed, and they shrieked in excitement as I stared at them regretting everything.

"It's going to be fine, just trust us," said Lisa as she held my shoulder.

The first thing they did was dye my hair. They went with black hair as mine was a light brown hair color. They told me to change into a T-shirt to not mess any of my clothes up. Mandy stood behind me, looking at me through the reflection of the mirror playing with my hair to see what haircut would suit me while Lisa prepared the hair dye. Once the hair dye was ready, Lisa started parting my hair as she dyed each layer of hair concentrated while I looked at her through the mirror, scared of what the outcome would be. After Lisa finished dying my hair, she put a bag over my hair while we waited. Mandy was in the other room, getting the clothes ready on my bed and putting the makeup products on the counter of the restroom.

After what felt like forever waiting with a bag on my head Lisa removed it and told me to put my head in the shower she grabbed the shower head and started rinsing my hair occasionally drowning me with the water. Once she finished rinsing and washing my hair she patted my hair dry as we then moved in front of the restroom mirror once again as she blow dried my hair, when my hair was all dry I admired the color and how well it suited me but when I got up thinking we were done Lisa sat me back down as Mandy brought scissors.

"What are you guys going to do?" I asked, scared of what they were going to do.

"Just trust us, please," said Lisa once again, I really shouldn't trust them at this moment, but I did.

Mandy then came behind me and started cutting my hair, giving me layers, she said, as I looked at her through the mirror, flinching at the sound of the scissors snipping a piece of my hair after another. After what felt like a while of flinching, Mandy finished giving me a haircut and then curled my hair and put rollers on. As my rollers were on Lisa grabbed my face to face her as she started with my makeup, I had no clue what she was doing I just felt a bunch of creams on my face and products on my face as it slowly dripped until Lisa started patting it with a makeup sponge, I then felt her drawing thick eyeliner on my eyes. I was trying my best to trust her, but I didn't have a clue about what she was doing. I tried to steal glances from the mirror, but she kept turning my face to face her.

Once Lisa was done with my makeup, I turned to see how it came out, but she just turned my head again and said to wait until I changed to see the full change, not just the process. That being said, she took me to my closet with a full new wardrobe and picked out a set, which was a black and white cropped dotted shirt with a matching skirt. As I changed into my clothes, I tried to peak at how my makeup turned out, but as if Lisa knew, she yelled, "No, looking!" She knew me well. I came out of the bathroom curious and nervous to see how everything turned out, but as I came out Lisa took out my rollers and fluffed my hair up a bit then took me turned me to look at myself in the bathroom mirror.

I was shocked, to say the least, I didn't recognize myself, but I felt more like myself than I ever had, as I stared at myself in awe Lisa and Mandy started fidgeting and laughing nervously.

"So, do you like it?" Asked Mandy.

"I-I yes, of course," I stuttered, still in awe and shock of how I looked. As I said yes, Mandy and Lisa looked at each other and smiled.