Transcended-The short story

The ancient clock in the corner of the room had always been a silent observer of the passage of time. Its massive frame stood tall, its anchor swinging with measured precision. However, today, it held a secret that would change the course of history.

Diana has always been fascinated by antiques. The stories they carry and the memories chased into their wood and metal have always intrigued her. One day, while wandering along James Street, she stumbled upon a dusty little antique shop. The air inside smelled of old leather and polished wood. Shelves lined with cute dolls, tarnished silverware, and black-toned photographs gestured to her. But it was the ancient clock that caught her full attention.

Its face was weathered, the numbers fading into dark grey. The shopkeeper who was an elderly man with gloomy eyes, went over to talk to her. "Ah! the clock," he whispered. "It's very special, that one. It came from an estate sale. It belonged to an old scientist, a man who believed time was more than trifling seconds and minutes."

Diana traced her fingers along the clock's intricate carvings. "What do you mean?" she asked

The shopkeeper leaned in, his breath had a smell of peppermint. "They say this clock can transport you anywhere at any time. Not physically, but through time itself. A login to the future life or past life" He said.

Diana laughed. "You don't expect me to believe that do you ?"

He winked. "Try setting the login to midnight. Close your eyes with belief and who knows where you'll end up."

                                                                            The so-called login

At night, Diana sat in front of the clock. It was midnight, and the moon cast shadows in the room. Closing her eyes, she twisted the key and the clock chimed softly. As she felt herself being dizzy and pulled upwards, everything blurred and the room fell silent. 

It worked!

Diana opened her eyes to find herself wandering through the narrow streets of Jerusalem. Her heart was pounding as the scorching sun beat down mercilessly on her and the scent of spices hung in the air. She had heard whispers about a man who walked among the people, performing miracles. He was said to be a healer and a teacher.

And then, one day, she saw Him.

Diana stood next to the well, surrounded by a crowd. She looked at the man in front of her, whose eyes held a depth that she couldn't fathom. Although his robe was simple, there was an otherworldly grace about him that caught her attention. Evelyn pushed through the throng, her breath catching as she drew closer.

"Are you lost, my child?" His voice was gentle, like a breeze rustling through ancient olive trees.

Diana hesitated before responding. "I'm not from here. I come from a different time."

His eyes seemed to pierce through her soul. "Time is but a veil," he said. "What matters is the heart."

She watched as he healed a blind man with tenderness, touching his eyes. The crowd gasped, and Diana's scepticism wavered. Could this truly be the Son of God?

Days turned into weeks. Diana followed Jesus, listening to his parables and witnessing his compassion. She watched him feed the hungry, embrace the outcast, and challenge the religious leaders. And in those moments, she felt a longing—a yearning for something beyond her existence.

The Unanswered Question

One evening, Diana found herself alone with Jesus on a hillside as the sun dipped below the horizon. The grass beneath her sandals crunched and the city lights flickered like stars in the distance. Whispering to Him, she asked why she was brought to this time by the clock. 

Jesus sat beside her, gazing fixedly at the city. He proposed that she might have been meant to witness love in its purest form, to see how an individual's life can alter the course of history. Diana, however, confessed that she missed her world, her family and her home.

Jesus responded with a smile, saying that home is where the heart is. Sometimes, the heart must choose between what is familiar and what is eternal.

Diana struggled with her decision as the days passed. She had witnessed miracles, experienced forgiveness, and seen love redefine boundaries. However, she was still caught between two worlds and running out of time.

One morning, Jesus appeared by the well again. Diana approached Him, with tears in her eyes. "I must go back," she said, "but I'll always cherish the memory of You, my Lord!"

He touched her forehead, His touch warm and comforting. "Remember," He said, "the love of God transcends time."

-The story continues after this image-

Diana always held on to her faith in Jesus Christ and kept His teachings close to her heart

Diana always held on to her faith in Jesus Christ and kept His teachings close to her heart. Though she longed for many things in life, her love for Him burned brighter than anything else. An ancient clock sat in the corner, its anchor swinging, counting away moments that would never be remembered. 

Diana shared her experience with the world and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Beyond the veil of time, Jesus Christ continued to be a source of healing, teaching, and love, and it is said that He smiled upon her.

                                                                              - End of the short story!-

God Bless You!