Chapter 9 - comfort

The brimming sun shone through the window, reflecting the latter’s delicate, flawless skin. Minho slowly woke up, fluttering open his eyes. He stretched his arms, reaching for his phone.

As he turned it on, he saw 3 messages from his mother.

-good morning!
-I baked cupcakes, the han family is visiting later.
-you should come too! Bring jisung of course!

He replied with a simple ‘ok’ before turning off his phone and getting ready.

___

20 minutes had passed, Minho was now standing in front of his bathroom mirror, staring at himself. He grabbed the hair dryer, rubbing his hair with a towel while using the hair dryer.

He was now wearing his sweatpants and a black hoodie.

He ran his hands through his hair, letting some of it fall back onto his forehead.

He went out after some time, heading downstairs. As he was headed to the living room, he stopped in his tracks when he saw jisung sitting on one of the sofas, somehow facing Minho. He stared at the boy, he couldn't help but notice the boy's anime-like legs.

He shrugged off his thoughts as he was caught staring at jisung. The raven smiled a little, standing up, tripping on literally over nothing.

He steadied himself, before awkwardly walking towards Minho. “Hey um, I cooked pancakes!” he smiled warmly, before walking off to the kitchen.

Minho shook his head, following behind the latter.

Jisung placed a piece of pancake on a plate, serving it to Minho along with the chocolate syrup.

“I don't know if you like pancakes with chocolate syrup but here!"
Minho eyed the food before taking a bite. surprisingly it was delicious. not that he judged the latter's cooking skills.

he looked up from his plate, eyeing the latter in front of him."don't think that I forgave you for what you did.” minho blurted out.

jisung subconsciously pouted, looking down at the floor. “I'm sorry for sneaking out yesterday…” he puffed out his cheeks, fidgeting with his fingers, the latter's habit that Minho noticed.

Minho hesitated before replying, but he did anyway. “just.. ask next time."
Jisung smiled a bit, lifting his gaze from the floor, and bringing his hands behind his back.

A few minutes passed, the awkward tension once again building up."I-I'm surprised you don't have any cook.” Jisung asked, trying to break the awkwardness." why would I need one when I have myself.” Jisung was a bit surprised by this, the fact that Minho cooks, literally just like Jisung's type.

“I thought Margot cooks?"
“They clean the house, not cook, they're maids for a reason.” minho deadpanned, causing jisung to pout.

Minho stood up from his seat, startling jisung, causing him to flinch. “Thanks for the food" With that he walked off to who knows where.

Jisung sighed, grabbing the dishes from the counter, and bringing them to the sink to wash them.

After a few minutes, he was already drying the dishes. He placed them in the cupboards, closing them.

He looked around, looking for some tea. He has been craving tea these days.

He looked up, guessing that the tea must be placed in one of the cupboards there. He decided to reach for the middle, but unfortunately, he couldn't reach it. dang it. This height-

He climbed on the counter, reaching to open the cupboard. once he managed to open it, he was right, the tea sure is hidden there. He smiled to himself, grabbing 1 pack of tea. He closed the cupboard, getting ready to get down.

But it looks like destiny has some other plans for him. He slipped on some spilled water, causing him to fall. The mug that he didn't notice in his hands fell on the ground, shards shattered below him. He yelped, closing his eyes, and bracing himself for the impact.

but he didn't feel anything. He felt two strong arms wrapped in his back and his legs. He opened his eyes, brimming with tears. He saw Minho’s face up close. And that is where he just noticed. This man was not just handsome, he was ethereal.

Minho on the other hand, was also star-struck by the latter's features. The way his lips part when he’s surprised, and that's just when he noticed,

Jisung was shaking in Minho's arms. Minho sat jisung down on the counter, running a hand on his back.

Jisung started hyperventilating, his cries getting louder, his breath being unstable. He curled up in a ball, hugging himself as he rock back and forth, protecting himself from something.

Or, someone.

“I'm sorry- i-i didn't mean it-"
“it was an accident-" “p-please don't hurt me!"
He repeated those words multiple times as tears were flowing down his cheeks.
His breathing was shaking as he hid further in his arms.

Although confused, Minho slowly approached the younger, being careful not to scare him even more.

Without hesitation, he softly touched the latter's shoulder to which Jisung flinched to.

Jisung finally looked up from his sleeves, letting Minho see his red eyes and runny nose.

Minho hugged Jisung slowly and softly stroked the latter's head.

“Shh, it's okay… I got you.. No one will hurt you..” He whispered to him, continuing to stroke the latter's head while he kissed his forehead softly.

Absentmindedly, jisung's arms wrapped on the blonde’s waist, crying in his chest.

A few minutes later, the younger was breathing heavily, until soft snores emitted from him.

Noticing this, he slowly picked up Jisung from the counter, walking up the stairs.

Minho opened the door to his bedroom (Minho's) Laying Jisung on the bed. He tucked him with a blanket, before slowly standing up, leaving.

Before he could even leave the spot, a hand reached on his shirt, tugging on it.

“Don't leave me," “please.." The latter pleaded. Minho sighed, his heart shattering just by staring at the younger's state right now. He laid beside him, the younger bringing his arms on Minho's waist, hugging him as he lay his head on the older’s chest.

A few seconds passed, soft snores emitted from the younger once again.
The need to comfort the younger was topping over his ego.
Minho brought his arms softly on the latter's head, softly pecking on it before drifting off the Dreamland.