6. awake.

a sharp pain rushes through my body, my mind is foggy, and everything burns and itches. i hear a faint beeping and buzzing in the background, i breathe in the crisp air from where ever i am laying and slowly open my eyes.

i appear to be in a bedroom, an unfamiliar bedroom. i look around to my right and notice im hooked up to a machine and i am wrapped in cream coloured bandages. to my left i notice someone sleeping in a chair.

"Vox?" i say quietly, with a bit of a rasp in my voice, he didn't look very peaceful while he slept. he was sitting up in an uncomfortable position and had his arms crossed, he had a frown plastered on his face. i look to the window and saw that it was dark out. 

"hm?" Vox slowly woke up to the sound of his name and noticed i was up.

"shit, Y/N!" he said, springing up from the chair and running to my side. he gently brushed the hair out of my face, and kneeled down beside the bed. 

"what happened...?" i ask my voice still low and raspy. he frowns, and looks away before sighing quietly.

"you got hurt real bad at the show. broke a few ribs, burned  your arms and legs, you broke your collar bone, and you got pretty cut up as well, you've been out for a week."

a week? shit, who's been doing all my work? whats happened to my part of the company?

"Im so sorry Y/N, i tried to protect you." he says grabbing my hand, begging forgiveness. then i remember what he told me before the show. all of the memories came flooding back. why did he have to leave me? i feel a single tear run down my face. everything still hurts. 

"why did you say those things.... backstage?" i airily muster out those words, i needed to know why. he looked even more distressed than before, 

"he was going to hurt you y/n, i didn't want that to happen... but now.. he did, he did this to you and its all my fault."  my heart rate picks up as he says this, i can tell because the machine started to beep faster as he kept talking. i was a little scared. i was worried about Vox, and my safety.

"who? who did this?" i ask, sitting up a little bit, trying to adjust to the information. 

"Alastor." i felt sick to my stomach. Alastor crashed the show, and almost killed me. i thought we were friends, i shouldn't have trusted him so easily. but what does this have to do with Vox and i's conversation in the dressing room? 

"i don't.... understand why would he-" Vox cuts me off and explains everything. 

"i didn't want to leave you y/n, he threatened to hurt you, and he did it anyways..." Vox sounds like he's holding back tears, i cant help but feel like this is my fault. 

"i wasn't fast enough, he hurt you and its all my fault. Y/N i thought you were going to die.." he admits. i feel betrayed, Alastor was always so kind to me. he was always there for me when i needed him, and now he tried to kill me.  i put my arms out in front of me and start to cry. how could he do this to me. i truly cared for him.

"hey, hey, it's going to be okay." Vox says sitting next to me on the bed. he held me while i sobbed. i felt safe in his arms.  i wanted him to hold me forever. i sit up and wipe my tear stained face with the bandages and look into Vox's eyes. he cared.

"Vox," 

"yes?"

"please don't leave me, ever again." 

he puts a hand on my cheek,  

"i wont let anyone hurt you ever again."

A/N:

lol kinda cringe, sry for the short chapter idk what else i can say.

so ur alive! yayy! and you and vox are good now so dw babes youll be happy for a bit 

655 words!

-sk