02 - the equation of late night cuddles and late night work

prompt.

╰┈➤ ❝ [juliette ferrars craves three things. sleep, cuddles and aaron. unfortunately, warner has to work late into night, but he doesn't let his work get in the way of juliette's cozy cuddles.] ❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤.

The door groans open, light slowly emerging through the crack - the action contrasting with the dark, gloomy room and the bright, artificial taste of light revealing a small, sleepy figure. Juliette peaks into the study, aiming to get the three things she craved for. Sleep, cuddles and Aaron. She stands there, small, blocking any further light impending, besides the glow of the light framing her.

Aaron twists his head to the direction of the source of light. He frowns seeing a yawning Juliette. Her hair tousled, body limp and soft, eyes lazily examining the room, but not mistaken for the want seeping through her eyes.

"Juliette, love, what are you doing up? Didn't you say night two hours ago?" His mouth downturned, eyebrows inching to concern.

She shies away, realising he's noticed her entrance. She thought she was being sneaky, but clearly the sleep was interfering with her stealthiness.

"I was waiting for you- well I did try to sleep but I just couldn't." Juliette couldn't because Warner wasn't there. But it's not like she was going to confess that.

"Sweetheart.. How come?" Warner's swears his heart cracks. She's been waiting for two hours for him. Two whole hours.

She frowns. "I couldn't sleep, the bed was cold without you, I missed you, I was hoping you'd be done with work, and I just really want some cuddles."

A piece of his heart breaks. Aaron hates that he's disturbed her peacefulness. Hated that he had to finish his work. Hated he couldn't give her everything she wanted at this moment.

"Oh darling.." He says quietly. "I'm sorry love, but I'm almost done with this, okay? I'm quite busy at the moment."

The minute the words come out of his mouth, instant regret pounds inside of him. He really didn't mean to word it like that.

Juliette fakes a reassuring smile. "Oh, yeah. Right. It's fine, I understand." she turns around, walking back to the lighted area.

Aaron panics, out of his chair in a flash of a second. He grabs onto her arm and pulls her into an embrace.

"Shit- no, Juliette that's not what I meant- I didn't mean to say that." He tucks an abandoned strand of her soft, angelic, hazel hair behind her ear, kissing just that space. "Come sit in my lap and I'll give you your cuddles until I'm done working, okay? I promise you it won't take too long, darling."

She nods softly to him. Aaron takes her hand into his, leading them to his desk flooded with stacks of signed and unsigned papers and pens clattered amongst the mess.

He carefully sits down onto his chair, him motioning for Juliette to come closer. His hand finds her waist and he pulls her into him. Juliette plants her hands on his shoulder and slides one leg around his waist, repeating the motion with the other. On instinct, Aaron's arm protectively wraps around her oh so soft waist. Her eyes meet Warner's and softens into a loving gaze, her heart melting by the minute. Coming absolutely undone against his sensual stare.

He kisses her forehead, whispering against it as he cradles Juliette to him. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm so very sorry."

"Aaron.." Juliette sighs, curling closer to his warm body.