Becoming Close Friends

Tasia POV

Tasia POV

I was so nervous; I've never been on the big screen. I mean I did broadway, but that is not the same. I've known about Taraji for a while, but we never actually meet. I woke up early that morning to see that I had rehearsal that day. I saw my handsome husband sleeping next to me, his arms wrapped around my waist.

 As I try to move his arms, he just puts them back, "Babe, I have to get ready, I can't be late" I say. "Five more minutes" Kendall said, "No babe I have to get ready I'm sorry" He lets me go and turns around. I didn't feel like arguing about his attitude, so I left it alone. I went and took a shower and did my morning routine. When I was done, I went to my phone which was on the nightstand. I saw I had got some text from a group chat Taraji had made.

                 3 Bougie Hoes

Taraji named the group chat.

Taraji: GOOD MORNING BABES

Danielle: It is tooooo early for this.

Taraji: Too bad, we have things to do. So, get up.

Danielle: I'm up, it's just too early for that type of energy.

Taraji: Sorry boo, you going to have to deal with it.

Taraji: I'm stopping by the coffee shop before the rehearsal starts. I just wanted to ask if y'all want anything?

Danielle: What coffee shop are you talking about? Last time I checked there is no coffee shop around here?

Taraji: Alright smart ass

Taraji: I'm going to Dunkin, but if we are being honest that's kind of a coffee shop.

Danielle: yeah okay

Taraji: if you're going to be like that, I'm not getting you anything.

Danielle: WAIT IM PLAYING

Taraji: Ok then what do you want?

Danielle: I want a sausage egg and cheese with a Caramel craze iced signature latte.

Taraji: okay

Taraji: Fantasia? Hello, do you want anything?

Danielle: I think she is still sleep.

Danielle: But you were yelling at me *laugh*

Taraji: don't worry, her time will come.

Tasia: I am good, and I wasn't sleep I was in the shower.

I laughed reading the messages, I guess a little too loud. I see Kendall sit up and look at the clock. "Baby it's 6 in the morning, what is so funny" Kendall said. "Taraji and Danielle.

They made a group chat, anyway I'm about to leave in about 30 minutes." i said "Okay," Kendall said. "No that means get up you have to get ready and so do the kids, i don't have time to take them Kendall." I spoke. He grounds at the fact he has to get up. I finished getting ready and went to wake the kids so I can at least see them before I am gone all day. I went to the Dallas room first. 

"Good morning baby, it's time to get up," I said. I planted a little kiss on his forehead as he woke up. "Go brush your teeth and get ready Kendall is taking you today I have to work" I said "Okay, but mommy can I call Kendall Pops" he said "Yeah, baby I don't see why not" I said.

Taraji POV

Taraji POV

I get in my car and start heading to Dunkin. I put on some music and started to sing. I guess I call myself warming up. I get to Dunkin and there is a little line, while I wait, I text the group chat.

Taraji: Fantasia, you sure you don't want anything.

Fantasia: Yeah, I'm good. Plus, I ate something before I left the house.

Danielle: YALL ALREADY LEFT Y'ALL HOUSES.

Taraji: umm, yeah

Fantasia: are you going to be late Danielle?

Danielle: no.

Taraji: yeah, she is. I'm up next. I'll talk to y'all when I get there byyeeeee.

I ordered the food and started to drive to rehearsal. After about 20 minutes I finally arrived. I went in and it was quiet, which was scary. I walked down the hall and I started to hear people talking. I sat the food down and went to the bathroom. I got myself together, I felt nervous which is weird because it was not my first movie. "You got this, you got this." I said to myself not realizing someone was in the stall. 

Fantasia walked out and looked at me. "You okay baby, I thought I heard you talking to yourself" Fantasia said. "Yeah, I just got nervous all of a sudden. It's not my first movie, but I think it's the singing part that is getting to me." I spoke. "It's ok. You got this, and if you don't just know that I'm here for you always. Fantasia said. She walked out and I got myself together. I walked to where the seats were. 

They had our names on them of course mine was next to fantasies. I sat down and blitz began talking. He finally came over to me and Tasia, "Hey, I want y'all to go rehearse y'all duet. The room is down that hall to the left." I looked at Tasia and she looked at me. There was a slight pause because she finally said something. "Are you ready?" she said "I– umm." Before I could even get a word out, she grabbed my hand, and we went to the room.

 When we got in the room, she just looked at me before turning around and started to play the music. "I want you to close your eyes and stand right here" "Tasia i can—" "Yes you can mama. You may think you can't but in reality, you can. Now close your eyes and just sing, don't think, just sing." I looked at her for a little before she gave me a look. People say she is sweet and innocent, but when she means business, she means business. I finally closed my eyes and started to sing. I stopped because I felt stupid, I mean I was standing next to FANTASIA BARRINO.

"Fantasia I can't do this, I feel stupid." 

"Yes, you can, try again."

"No, I can't"

She gave me a little hit on the arm, which hurt by the way "ow, what was that for?'

"For saying you can't do something, now close your eyes and sing like nothing in the world matters, sing like no one is here, like you are in your own world" Tasia said. I tried one more time closing my eyes and started to sing. Suddenly I felt a hand pressing down on my stomach. A beautiful note came out and I opened my eyes in surprise. 

I looked at Tasia who didn't look surprised at all. "I just did that; HOW DID I JUST DO THAT?" "I told you baby you can do whatever you want to if you put your mind to it. Just next time sing from your core/stomach that's where all the power is." "Okay, thank you so much" She just looked and smiled before saying "again from the core this time."

How do y'all like it so far? What do y'all think should happen next?