003. Aftermath

"There must be some mistake," Grayson says eerily calm. He may not show his anger but I know it's there.

"He's right. Grayson's right, there has to be a mistake," Avery says.

   "This bitch must have stolen our fortune!" Skye screams.

   Everyone starts to get rowdy and I stand up and whistle loudly. Everyone quiets down and looks at me in shock.

   "Okay listen I know everyone in this room is confused and shocked and lost but if we all go around pointing fingers it's only gonna make it worse. Ms. Grambs here seems to be just as confused as the rest of us if not more. So how about we all calm down and sit back for a moment. This is Tobias Hawthorne's will. That man was known for all his puzzles and riddles," I say trying to calm everyone down.

   "Deedee is right that man was puzzles upon puzzles and riddles upon riddles," Jameson says with a smirk.

   Avery ends up running out leaving the rest of us in the room. Slowly everyone starts to leave. Eventually it's just me and Grayson. We make eye contact for a while.

   "You're back," he says.

   "I am."

   "I missed you."

   "I missed you Gray."

   "Where have you been black Dahlia?"

   I giggle at the old nickname, "Everywhere. Nowhere."

   "Now you're starting to sound like the old man," he jokes.

   "God forbid that."

   "You still have the same smile," he says quietly as though it were a secret.

   "You too. Though you seem pained," I say walking closer to him placing my hand on his cheek.

He leans into my touch when all of a sudden I hear Xander walk in. We back away from each other as Xander comes in.

   "Dahls wanna come help me build a robot?" Xander asks hopefully.

   "Sure Xan," I start walking out with Xander and look over my shoulder to see Grayson staring at me. I give him a small smile and walk out.

Howdy! Just for anyone who's curious a black dahlia is a flower if you search on google to see what it looks like put flower after black dahlia bc it's also a murder case but yk that's okay. Anyway bye Pookie 😘