Chapter one - The Coronation to a new queen

"Come on, Ophelia, we're running out of time!" exclaimed the girl, her long brown locks cascading in loose curls down her back, with half of her hair elegantly gathered in a low ponytail while the rest framed her face in gentle waves. Her emerald eyes glistened in the soft light, Despite her naturally radiant complexion, she veiled it beneath layers of meticulously applied makeup, obscuring its innate beauty. Dressed in a flowing light red robe and matching slippers, she adorned herself with exquisite jeweled earrings and a dazzling diamond necklace, adding a touch of opulence to her attire. Yet, despite her adornments, she seemed only halfway prepared for the impending coronation.

  "I'm nearly prepared, Samantha! My hair is the final touch; I won't even bother with makeup!" Ophelia's voice echoed through the room. Her platinum blonde locks cascaded down to her waist, each strand meticulously curled by the maid, creating an elegant cascade of loose curls reminiscent of Samantha's own hairstyle, yet Ophelia opted to leave hers down. Her blue eyes, tinged with hints of green in the ambient light filtering through the nearby windows, refrained from meeting its direct gaze. With a round face and a button nose adorned with a natural blush that accentuated her freckles, Ophelia exuded a captivating natural beauty. Unlike her sister, who often concealed her features beneath layers of makeup. Ophelia Adorning herself simply with diamond stud earrings and a delicate necklace, she epitomized effortless grace. Clad in a white and black striped pajama shirt paired with matching shorts, Ophelia embodied understated elegance even in her casual attire.

Samantha stormed off to put the finishing touches on her appearance, mindful of the hour left before the grand entrance of the Royal family, even though guests had already begun streaming into the palace ballroom and taking their seats. Both Samantha and Ophelia were on the cusp of adulthood at 18, with Ophelia trailing just six months behind her elder sister. Their shared journey was marked by adversity, starting with the abandonment of Ophelia's father and the passing of Samantha's mother when Ophelia was merely one year old and Samantha two.

Three years later, fate intervened when King Terrian and commoner Relana crossed paths at the annual winter ball held by the king. Love blossomed between them, leading to their union when they were both five years old. Relana ascended to the role of queen, while Ophelia was officially recognized as a princess. As Samantha reached the milestone of 18, preparations began in earnest for her coronation as queen, coinciding with Ophelia's recent attainment of adulthood, just before the grand event unfolded.

At the coronation, if the newly crowned queen or king has yet to encounter their future partner, destiny awaits as they meet for the first time amidst the regal splendor, often leading to a swift engagement and wedding ceremony shortly thereafter. This tradition holds particular significance as it marks the inaugural instance of a queen selecting a male counterpart to assume the role of king.

In this realm, the principles of equality reign supreme, with neither monarch holding dominion over the other. Thus, while the queen may designate a king, his role remains one of mutual respect and collaboration, devoid of any hierarchical superiority.

While the coronation proceedings are reserved exclusively for the royal bloodline, the anticipation lingers as the announcement of the future monarchs, and their intended union, resonates throughout the kingdom, symbolizing the continuity of the royal lineage.

***

As the doormen announcing the arrival of the royal family, a hush descended upon the assembled guests, each taking their seat and exchanging whispered speculations. Suddenly, the grand doors swung open, commanding a collective silence.

First to enter was Ophelia, resplendent in a princess dress of ethereal pale pink, its cascading layers reminiscent of gentle ripples flowing to the floor, adorned with a delicate Diamond tiara atop her head. Following her were the king and queen, their regal presence commanding attention as they strode arm in arm. The queen's ensemble, a vision of elegance, showcased a flowing dress in a lighter shade of red, accentuated with white embellishments that lent an air of luminosity to her attire. Meanwhile, the king exuded sophistication in a white suit punctuated with pale red accents, perfectly complementing his queen's ensemble.

As the royal trio made their way, the soon-to-be queen emerged, a striking figure in her dark yet sophisticated red and black gown, its dramatic silhouette commanding attention. With off-the-shoulder lace sleeves and a captivating triangular neckline adorned with a matching necklace, she exuded an aura of regal allure. With a confident smile, she scanned the room, her gaze locking onto a figure across the ballroom—Orion, her childhood confidant and unspoken love. With his tall stature and black hair with tan skin, he was Samantha's perfect mate and partner. With purposeful strides, she approached her awaiting family, gracefully taking her place beside them on the throne.