__

"Jesus, this house is big." I said to the driver as he helped me out the car. "Thanks Arnold."

"Any time, Ms Gilmore." He replied.

Walking to the door made me feel like a princess and this was the palace and Tristan was the prince who would have to check if my feet were supposed to fit in my shoes.

I rang the doorbell as the maid welcomed me inside to the house. A large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, with white tiles and dark oak wood.

"You must be Hilary!" A lady said, walking over to me and embracing me. She hugged me, looked at my face, then hugged me again. "Follow me into the dining room, my dear."

We went through massive hallways and went inside the dining room where there were about five people. Mr Dugray, Tristan's sister, her best friend and two members of a prestigious family, Mr and Mrs Gates.

"Everybody, I would like to introduce you to Hilary Gilmore, of Richard and Emily Gilmore." She announced which was followed by some awkward hellos and then returning back to chit chat.

I heard footsteps behind me and it was Tristan. He walked over to me, smiled and stood next to me.

"Enjoying the party so far?" He asked.

"100 percent." I said as we walked over to the dining table.

I sat down and watched the maids bring out a humongous amount of food. A lady came over to me and poured a glass of champagne.

"Could you make this a whiskey on the rocks?" Tristan asked the maid who created him drink for him. "Mother, i was wondering if Griselda had come by and fixed the pool?"

"She has done so already, Tristan. You, Hilary, Daphne and Carla can go there after dinner and desert." His mother replied, giving me a small smile before returning to her conversation with Mrs Gates.

I plated up my food and started to eat. I looked at Tristan who was looking in his lap, making what looks like a blunt. He looked up at me, winked, then put the blunt in his pocket.

"Say, Tristan, how is your school going?" Mr Gates asked.

"It's going incredibly. Chilton is a very good school, it's a shame that Dalton couldn't join." Tristan replied.

The subject of a 'Dalton' turned the atmosphere quiet and awkward. Tristan's father was staring darts at him.

"Well, Dalton should've known better than going into his father's cars and trashing them on the side of the roads. Military school seemed like the only sensible option for Dalton." Mrs Bates said.

After she spoke, the silence had once again returned and everyone ate in peace.

"Say, Hayden, how are things at the Gate's Enterprise? I heard in the grapevine that you had secured a $650 million deal." Tristan's father asked, trying to change the subject.

"Well, Donald, we are very lucky to have been able to obtain that deal but the fact is that we may not be able to complete the needs required for this business. This could lead into a $2 billion debt for Gate's Enterprise." Hayden replied to Donald.