A haunting reminder

~A haunting reminder~

The morning air felt chilly as Liam walked through the narrow streets into a small cafe around his house, which was Luna's favorite, as he walked inside he smelled the familiar pancakes, and coffee which filled the air, he sat and ordered a black coffee and looked around the cafe which gave off a rather weird vibe, he glanced at a newspaper with headlines about Luna's accident.

Despite the sadness, he wanted to know the truth behind her death no matter how hard it is, he held the newspaper , and opened it maybe finding clues.

He asked the reporters not to show her face on the newspaper, and the case was closed by the police since there was no evidence about it being framed.

As he looked closer on the pictures of her belongings he realized some of them weren't hers, his eyes widened, he paid for the coffee and immediately started with his plan .

-pretending to be Luna-

He wore a wig, got his make up done, and bought dresses to match Luna's taste. As soon as he returned home, Carl stood there with his hands crossed looking angry, "Luna, do you know how long I was waiting here? Where were you? I had to lie to your parents when they called asking for you.."

"I- I'm sorry, I was buying some stuff..." he said, carl let out a breath "Don't do this again, tell me where you go whenever you leave, your dad told me to take care of you till they come back from their trip." Liam nodded and went upstairs to get his books and stuff from his room to Luna's room.

Carl was confused about Luna's behavior, he scratched his head and went to the kitchen to cook dinner. He got a phone call from Liam's dad, he opened it, "Carl" the dad called.

"uhh hello mr. Steve, is there a problem?" Carl replied, "yes, is Liam home? I called him multiple times and he isn't replying nor answering my calls." he fumed,

"I don't know where he is but I'll ask Luna, she might know.", the dad agreed.

Carl called Luna and asked her about Liam, "Liam? I'm- i mean Liam told me his phone broke down and he's staying at his friends house and wont come back soon" He replied not knowing if he would buy it, "Hmm alright then, goodnight." then carl left and told mr. Steve about it.

"Damn it. Why would he leave his sister alone while we are away.Ugh just keep your eyes on Luna for me.", carl nodded and closed the call.

Liam was in her room searching for evidence about her strange behavior before the incident, gathering her diary, and her old phone, as the rest of the stuff were at the police station. He read the diary finding cryptic messages being exchanged with someone, saying:

' i liyi opyru wll of ueomt iklu yonu oh ' 

'ince doa otr'

He was confused and tilted his head, "what the..?" he mumbled, he stayed up all night researching how to decode a cryptic message, visiting different websites but with no results.. so he decided to ask the historical shop owner down the street.

still wearing his disguise, he went downstairs slowly, and left the house. Carl was pretending to sleep and followed him when he left to the historical store. Liam entered and took off his hood, "Hello aunty, uhm i have a question.." he said waiting for a reply "yes..?" she answered, "Do you, by any chance know how to decode a cryptic message?", her expression then immediately changed, "is- it really important..?" she  queried, "yes. Really important.", she went out closed the shop, and closed the cameras so nobody sees whats happening there.

she wrote the letters in columns and 3 rows:

i l i y i o p y r u                                                                                                                      w l l o f u e o m t                                                                                                                    i k l u y o n u o h 

Then wrote them from up to down:  "Iwillkillyouifyouopenyourmouth"

"I will kill you if you open your mouth" it said, his eyes widened, "Can you do the other one, please" he said still in shock, the owner nodded and did the same thing, he was thinking who could say that to her.. was she in debt? Did she know a secret she shouldn't know? he thought about it the whole time.. "Here you go." the lady gave him the paper. 

"i do not care." it said, Liam was really surprised he got up and offered the lady money but she declined it knowing this was very important for him, "thank you.." he smiled and as he was leaving he noticed Carl listening in, "what are you doing here Carl..?" he asked raising his eyebrows, "I-Uhh i noticed the door was open so I... followed you.." he looked down.

"Don't do this again." Liam huffed and walked back home, Carl ran to catch up with him. When they reached home Carl asked, "Oh Luna, what were you doing there late at night?", "I wanted to ask the aunty there something." he replied and went upstairs and locked the door. Carl was even more confused now, Luna never acts like this. "Why is she acting like this..?" Carl talked to himself..

Liam knew whoever wrote this was close to her since they had her diary, but who is it...? He sat on the chair and looked at the cryptic messages, who could've threatned her...? And why would they do it...? "tomorrow morning at 7am, begins the trip to find the truth, starting with.... 

appearing in Luna's collage....Undercovered.."

(these days i'll update it frequently maybe every 2 days :>)