After all of his failed detective work was finished Donovan decided to head over to see Deni. When he arrived at the house he noticed Stephan's car in the driveway 'oh this is going to be fun' he thought to himself. Donovan knocked at the door and Alpha Kerrington answered reaching out to shake Donovan's hand. "Hello Donovan good to see you again." Donovan could sense Alpha Kerrington was a little tense.  He figured it was because Stephan was over.

"Good to see you too sir." Donovan walked in without being invited. "So, Deni has company?" He asked.

Alpha Maxwell didn't really want to answer he knew how possessive and jealous a mate could be, but there was no point in hiding, Donovan already saw Stephan's car. "Yes her friend from school is here they went for a walk they will be back soon, lets sit and talk a while"

Donovan sat with Alpha Kerrington for several minutes.  Kerrington tried to keep the conversation lively to distract Donovan. But, it was obvious as time went on he was becoming more and more irritated that Deni had not returned. He pulled out his phone and sent Deni a message.

*missing you, what r u up to

Deni was sitting on a log at the lake, alone for the moment, she was waiting for Stephan to return. He had just left her to get a blanket so they could lay on the ground. Deni's phone vibrated in her pocket. She read the message from Donovan she was happy to hear from him. She sent a quick reply before Stephan could return.

Donovan smiled that he got a reply quickly from her. He looked at his message from Deni.

-sitting at the lake thinking about you. Miss u 2

Stephan was walking back to Deni growing angrier and angrier with each step. While he was getting the blanket he noticed Donovan's car. He was tired of the Alpha. First he was trying to take his girl and now he had gone and upset his sister. Stephan decided he was going to start trying to get Deni pregnant again so Donovan would leave them alone. When he got to Deni he spread the blanket on the ground walked over took Deni's hand and led her to the blanket.  He started kissing her and he gently eased her down to the ground. 

Donovan sat thinking completely ignoring Kerrington. 'Maybe she was breaking it off with Stephan' he thought.  He glanced out the window Stephan's car was still there. Then he got worried what if Stephan ended up getting mad, he did seem very possessive at the movie theater would he hurt her.  He wondered.  If he did try to hurt her, she would need his protection.

Donovan stood up now worried about Deni "Alpha Kerrington I'm a little worried about Deni. I'm going to head down to the lake to check up on her." He started walking out the door.  Kerrington tried to call him back, but Donovan was in a rush and didn't even turn to look back at him.

Alpha Kerrington not wanting a confrontation on his property followed behind him. As they approached the lake they could see Deni laying on a blanket with Stephan over her kissing her. Donovan quickly became enraged he closed his eyes and held his fists tightly as he took the last few steps towards them. "Deni!" He growled.

She jumped and quickly moved from under Stephan. Stephan jumped to his feet and stepped straight in front of Donovan pushing Deni behind him and smirking at Donovan.

Donovan trying to stop himself from shifting took a deep breath and spoke to Stephan "Stephan I am going to say this once and only once, move away from Deni and do not ever touch her again"

Stephan smirked "Me and Deni belong together Alpha you are the one who should never touch her again" Then he reached back and wrapped his arm around her waist.

Donovan with one quick swing knocked Stephan to the ground. They both quickly shifted to their wolf forms and began fighting. Donovan was much bigger and stronger than Stephan, but Stephan was quicker. They nipped at each other, and tumbled around for several minutes until Donovan had an opening and he lunged at Stephan's neck. Deni screamed as Donovan pinned Stephan down ready to kill. Donovan looking at her quickly sensing her fear and not wanting to hurt her he shifted back to human. Stephan realizing he had been defeated ran into the forest.

Donovan ran over to Deni "I'm sorry if that scared you. But why would you do this?" He pointed to the blanket then grabbed her hand and pulled her to the house walking past her father.  Deni pulled away from him and stomped off into the house.  Donovan took a few deep breaths calming himself and keeping himself from going after her. Though he had only been an Alpha for a short while certain things came natural and like any Alpha he did not like someone turning their back to him.  Donovan sat down on the porch and Kerrington went after his daughter. 

Jazmine came downstairs after hearing all the commotion and now seeing Donovan outside naked, she ran upstairs and grabbed some of Kerrington's clothes for him since he shredded his clothes while changing.

"Donovan" Jaz called from an upstairs window. Donovan looked up and Jaz tossed him some clothes. "Is everything OK" she asked.

"Jaz I can't talk about it right now" Donovan put on the clothes but still remained outside.

Deni and her father were inside arguing about her being so intimate with Stephan. Donovan paced outside for a few minutes thinking of what to say or do about the situation. Just as he was walking in Alpha Kerrington was raising his hand to hit Deni. Donovan stopped him "I don't care what she's done you can not hurt her"

Donovan then grabbed Deni and pulled her to his truck. Deni cried and fought him but he eventually was able to get her in the truck. He then jumped in and left Alpha Kerrington's home for the night.

Donovan took Deni to a hotel. Still not sure if he wanted to take her back to her home or to his.  He got a room for the night.  Donovan stepped out the truck to go inside the hotel.  Deni sat in the truck scared.  He walked over to the passenger side of the truck.  "Get out, I am not going to hurt you Deni let's go in and talk."

Deni go out the truck and slowly followed Donovan in.  Donovan sat on the bed and waved Deni over to him.  He pulled her closer and sat her on his lap.  "Ok. What's going on Deni?"

"I don't know Donovan I guess I am just confused."

"Do you love him?" Donovan frowned at the though of his mate being in love with someone else.

She quickly shook her head. "No!"

He closed his eyes and sighed "Well then why the hell would you let him kiss you and touch you like that"

Deni began to cry she couldn't tell Donovan the truth. Donovan couldn't stand to see her cry he wiped the tears from her face. "Please don't cry we will figure this out" He knew then her crying was going to be one of his weaknesses.

He held her until she stopped crying. They both then laid across the bed and talked for several hours, they talked about his pack, her upcoming birthday, and their feelings for each other, but they did not discuss Stephan the rest of the night. After hours of talking they fell asleep together on the bed.

********* 

Alright I guess it's time to be brave. Tell me what you think. Please don't be too harsh. This is the first story I have ever shared