"Both of you started hanging out, if I'm not mistaken, he helps you with school, am I right?" She looks at Calum and I. "Yes." I answered quietly. 

"I followed the both of you to your house, Mia. I noticed you had security cameras around your house, so I did a thorough background check. That's how I found out about your identity and sent you the note." 

I looked at her with shocked eyes. "On a meeting once, my mother mentioned something about the president's daughter and my father's plan. You were our next mission, Mia. We were to save you from our father." She says. "The Elite group was formed to destroy every Infamous mission, to shut the group down, and coincidentally, both of your paths met." She says, looking at Calum and I.

"That was when I kept in touch with your brother Ashton and the president. They have agreed to work with us and take you in safely." She says.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked. "A month in a half in planning, we had to do everything perfectly and in full discretion." She answers. "Calum." She says and Calum looks at her. "When father assigned you to that mission, to kill Mia, he already knew. That's why Sophia got back with you." She says sympathetically. "It was her mission, Calum, not yours. You were the bait, and Mia took it." Calum runs his hand through his hair.

"If Ashton didn't arrive any sooner and if Harry hadn't drugged her drink, Sophia would have killed her." She explains and my fingers turn cold. "This was another reason why we needed Harry close to you at all times, because Sophia was in your circle of friends, Mia, and your girlfriend, Calum."

I turn and hugged Harry, burying my face in his chest. I don't even know what and who to believe anymore. He rubs my back and whispers to me, "It's okay..it's okay.."

Then, Calum walks to me and turns me away from Harry. His cheeks were also stained with tears. He looked at the pendants falling around my neck. He wraps his fingers around the chain and pulled it hard, stinging my neck but I chose to ignore it. He looks at the pink pendant and drops it on the floor.

He takes a gun and holds it from the other end. Using the grip of the gun, he smashes the pendant in one blow. He stops for a moment before picking something up. Michael walks over to Calum. "Oh shit."

"She planted a tracker on you." Harry tells me and my heart bangs against my chest. "We have to leave now." Michael says as he gabbed the keys. Calum walks to the toilet, flushing the chip down the drain. Calum walks back to me, "Here." He hands me the paper plane pendant. I took it from him and put it in my pocket. "Sorry if I broke the chain." He says.

"Help me up, man." Michael groans as he starts to lift my unconscious brother. Harry hurriedly walks to him and assists him.

"We have nowhere to go." I frown at Mali. She starts to think. Calum speaks, "Let's go to my house. It's the most obvious place they will find us." He says. "Then why go there?" I asked, like he was stupid.

"Because they would never look into that place. Just as I said, it's a pretty obvious place. Reverse psychology, Mia." He says, his tone getting cold.

"You're right, assuming that the chip still works and it's flushed down the drain, they'd follow the chip. The drain probably leads outside the city." Mali says

 - ❊ - 

 I walked in the familiar structure of Calum's house. When we arrived, the house was empty, which was unusual. Mali swept her feet across the the hall and into the kitchen to make us some food. Michael and Harry tended to Ashton. Michael lead them to where Calum help his IV and med kits. Moments later it was only Calum and I in the living room.

The silence was deafening. So I spoke, "Are you okay?" I asked him and he seems to be surprised that I was talking to him. He slowly nods. "Listen, Mia, I'm sorry.. I didn't know Sophia—" he starts and I smiled at him comfortingly. "Nobody saw it coming, Calum. You're hurting more than I am, I couldn't imagine how you're feeling.. about your father.. Sophia.. and Mali." I tell him and his head drops.