ii. two swords

BURN THE IRON THRONE

when they speak of my reign, they say it would begin here, at our wedding Jaehaera❞ ⎯ viserys iii

❝when they speak of my reign, they say it would begin here, at our wedding Jaehaera❞ ⎯ viserys iii

✮✮✮

Daemon would open his eyes once more, blinded by the sun as he laid against something familiar, and when he looked his saw the scales of his dragon Caraxes. He looked around, not knowing its surroundings before he heard screeches. He looked into the sky as Caraxes looked as well, three dragons flying around and fighting over what seemed like a lamb of sorts. He stood up, checking around him as he saw his Valyrian steel sword back in its sheath where it belonged. Caraxes rose up as well, before flying towards the smaller dragons as if to investigate.

It had been Jaehaera who looked towards the small dragons, a smile on her face as they did. They had obtained an army of Unsullied for their quest to Meereen to find more people, and perhaps wealth to buy themselves ships. "They have grown so much" Daenerys said as she looked at Drogon on her lap. "They shall grow even bigger" Jaehaera said.

After the hatching of their dragons, Daenerys proclaimed her sister the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, as she had been the next child of King Aerys, second of his name, as well as the wife of Viserys. Although his rage and madness had been the worst of him, Daenerys had decided the gold and cream dragon would be called Viserion. "Let this dragon do what our brother could not" she had said. Jaehaera had named the two in her arms Meralyx and Valreos. Meralyx had been a royal purple colour and the horns had been golden, while Valreos had been a very light pink with white horns, and as Valreos grew older, more spikes appeared making Valreos look as fierce as Drogon. The remaining dragon they named Rhaegal, for their other brother.

Jaehaera's smile fell from her face when she saw a shadow of a large creature going towards the three small dragons, and Meralyx seemed to notice her fear as the beast screeched enough to warn Drogon before they flew into the skies. "No!" Jaehaera yelled.

Daenerys scattered to her feet, her blue outfit had been dirtied from the road, but blue had been her colour while Jaehaera opted for reds for their House, now that she had been the true Heir. "What is happening?" ser Jorah asked as he walked towards the Princess and the Queen. "Another dragon?" Jaehaera realised. The much larger dragon roared loudly, and it had been a distinguished sound, as Jaehaera looked around, trying to find out where the dragon came from.

Her eyes found the silver haired man, who looked to the skies as well, not noticing Jaehaera and Daenerys. Daenerys looked to ser Jorah who looked back to ser Barristan and Missandei, warning them as they called for the Unsullied and Dothraki.

The Dothraki remained loyal to Daenerys when they saw her—and her sister—emerge from the flames with dragons surrounding them. And the Unsullied joined them after they were freed by Jaehaera. "You have heard what ser Barristan said about my brother, ser Jorah, people followed Rhaegar not because he was the best choice but because they believed in him and loved him. I am not buying an army; I am showing them who they would fight for" she had said to the protector of her sister. Ser Barristan stood by the new Queen, as ser Jorah remained loyal to Daenerys. It had been the Queen they fought for that rushed to the unknown man first. "Jaehaera!" Daenerys yelled when Jaehaera came to a halt.