The Sun Also Rises

Start from the beginning

"No. Don't leave mad." She begged and Damon rolled his eyes at her desperate behavior. 

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." He told her before attempting to leave again, but the vampire doppelgänger persisted. 

"Klaus and Kol made me call Sage to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice." She pleaded and Damon gave her a mutinous look. 

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." He reminded her and Katherine sighed.

"It was her or me. I chose her. Kol talked Klaus out of using me if I tricked you and Stefan, and he specifically wanted Sage to be the vampire in the ritual." She admitted to him and Damon glared at her, his hand twitching as he resisted the urge to kill her. 

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and a woman who taught me to enjoy my vampirism dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?" He ranted and Katherine looked at him evenly. 

"I didn't let love or friendship get in the way." She answered and Damon rolled his eyes at that typical response. 

"Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." He snapped before walking past her towards the door and she didn't stop him this time. 

"What are you going to do?" She asked and Damon turned around and looked at Katherine.  

"I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus." He answered and Katherine shook her head. 

"He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure and that he also isn't sleeping on the couch for eternity. I'm sorry, Damon. But Sage is dead, there's nothing you can do about it." She told him. 

*** 

Greta approached the two women; Sage and Elena looked up at her from the ground. Elena saw a sharp rock nearby and rushed to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand, Greta sent Elena flying backwards.

Elena landed painfully in the dirt, stars dancing in her vision for a few seconds. Greta waved her hand again, creating a circle of fire around Elena, who stood up and rushed towards the flames, but found that she can't escape. 

Kol walked over and while his messy brown hair and dark brown eyes reminded Elena of Elijah; the almost maniacal mischief and sadistic gleam in his eyes was more akin to Klaus.

"No harm to the doppelwench, Greta." He warned and Elena glared at him for that and Greta looked at the doppelgänger with impassive eyes. 

"Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." She warned and Elena turned her gaze to the witch. 

"Greta...Please, just- just let her go." She pleaded and Greta shook her head as Sage glared at the witch, her vampire eyes flashing. 

"Klaus and Kol chose her." Greta answered, her tone booking no argument, but Elena continued to press the issue. 

"No." She denied and Greta rolled her eyes at this, much to Kol's amusement. 

"There is nothing you can do about it." She retorted and Elena shook her head. 

"Please, don't!" Elena shouted and Sage stood up, her fangs bared at Kol and Greta. 

"I won't!" She snapped at the two of them and Elena nodded. 

"Let her go. Hey!" Elena exclaimed and Sage suddenly screamed as Kol sped forward and broke her spine before putting a stake in her back where she could barely reach it.