Chapter Fifty Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Chad's voice rang out, a mixture of excitement and playfulness. "Not too tight!" he called, his eyes twinkling with delight. The corners of his mouth turned up in a mischievous grin, removing any worry that might have been hidden in his words.

Eugene's head shook slowly from side to side, his eyes wide with confusion. The older man had seemingly been summoned by the high-pitched squeals coming from his wife. "Can someone enlighten me on what is happening?" His voice was laced with a mix of confusion and concern, as he tried to make sense of the chaotic scene before him.

"Me too," Cassandra said, her shoulder-length, black hair cascading over her shoulders as she stepped forward from the shadows with a sword gleaming in her hand. The sharp edge glinted in the sunlight, a clear warning to anyone who dared cross her.

"Yep, she's still scary," Chad mumbled under his breath, his eyes darting nervously between Cassandra and the sword. He could feel the slight tension in the air, like a heavy fog lingering around them. She was a force to be reckoned with, and he knew not to underestimate her.

Ginny's head shook slowly, her long hair cascading around her shoulders as she broke away from the warm embrace of Rapunzel. Her eyes met her sister's with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. "I have some news," she began, pausing for effect. "I'm pregnant." The words hung in the air before sinking in, accompanied by a flutter of nervousness in her stomach. "Two tests confirmed it, and Mal's aunt was able to confirm it as well," she added with a small smile, the weight of the announcement starting to feel more real.

"Oh Ginny! That's wonderful, congratulations!" Cassandra said, sheathing her sword and pulled her sister into a hug.

Eugene chuckled and patted Chad on the shoulder, seeing the worried look on his face. "Chad, Blondie's had six kids and Dragon Lady was around Rapunzel when she was pregnant with Rachel. They know their way around a pregnant woman."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Chad's mouth, tinged with a bittersweet realization. This will likely be the only kid we'll get, I'm not going to risk Ginny if we try for another, he thought to himself. The weight of the words settled heavily on his chest as he considered the future and all its unknowns. But for now, in this moment, there was nothing but the warmth of their love and the hope for a bright future ahead.

Rapunzel spoke up, her voice laced with a soothing tone; as if she knew exactly what was racing through Chad's mind. Her emerald eyes, filled with compassion and understanding, met his. "No need to worry," she said softly, her words a comforting embrace. "And whatever you two may need, I will gladly offer my assistance."

"Thanks Raps," Ginny said as she broke from her hug with Cassandra. "Um...would this be a bad time to mention that Mal's aunt said my due date would be in November?"

Rapunzel's emerald eyes widened in surprise, but she quickly composed herself. "Well, that's wonderful news! We'll make sure to come by and help you set up the nursery soon," she exclaimed with a warm smile. Turning to Chad, she asked, "Have you had a chance to tell your parents yet? I don't want to ruin the news for them if you haven't."

Chad shook his head, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "We wanted to make sure you guys were the first to know," he said, his voice filled with excitement.

"Would you like me to invite them over?" Rapunzel asked.

Chad chuckled. "That might save Charmington from a Charming barbecue."

"I'm on it," Rapunzel said and went to grab her phone.

"I'll call Clay as well," Cassandra said. "Unless, do you want to keep this as just telling the parents?"