"Forerunners?" Johannes spoke with an intrigued tone filling his words. "I see. It seems like we've come to the right place. So, how quickly can we make another slipspace jump?"

"We can do it soon, but there's an issue – we don't know what will happen once the jump is successful." The doctor's response only made the Admiral stare at her more intensely.

"What do you mean, Doctor?"

"There's much we don't know about slipspace, and now, the slipspace field in space and time is damaged. So, the probabilities of what might happen are almost limitless." The weight in Katarina's voice was undeniable, and a sense of anxiety reflected in her eyes.

Johannes fell silent for a moment before redirecting his attention back to the bridge window. He contemplated and pondered over all the data provided to him. The burden and hope bestowed upon humanity to achieve salvation now rested on his shoulders.

"We have to keep moving, Doctor. We don't have any other choice but to push forward and acquire whatever is at our destination. Humanity is counting on us, and even if we fail, we'll die fighting." Johannes declared firmly, smiling with confidence and optimism.

Katarina looked at her admiral and remained silent. To her, the sentimental air of a warrior was far from logic and sometimes irrational, a departure from her way of thinking. Yet, on the other side, she understood the meaning behind Johannes' words. They truly had no other choice but to move forward.

"Very well, Admiral," Katarina responded decisively.

"Good." With that, the slipspace drive was activated again, and Johannes immediately instructed Olivan to give the command to all the ships in his fleet. With the command given, the entire fleet entered slipspace.

_____________________________________

The Carrier Ship Trianna experienced a significant jolt in slipspace, tossing their ship several times, as if an unseen force continuously pushed them out. With the precision of Olivan and the analysis of Dr. Katarina, they navigated through the turbulent slipspace storm.

After what felt like an eternity, they finally arrived at their destination. As they returned to the material world, the analysis and scanning systems were immediately disseminated throughout the system. What they found shocked both the doctor and the AI, looking at the data simultaneously.

"I-Impossible," Katarina spoke with escalating fear.

"What is this?" Olivan spoke with a face full of terror. "This is impossible."

"What's going on?" Johannes asked with concern.

"This... Space and time throughout this system, no, space and time throughout this entire sector of space have mostly been swept clean. As if burned and leaving emptiness. Absolute emptiness. Space and time are nearly completely erased here." Olivan spoke with a trembling tone, struggling to find the right words to describe the horror he had discovered.

"Space and time... Erased? How is that possible?" Johannes couldn't believe the AI's words, staring at him sharply.

"I don't know. What do you think, Doctor?" Olivan spoke to Katarina, who was still muttering to herself in front of the data she held. "Doctor?"

Katarina remained deeply engrossed in her own analysis, oblivious to the world around her. She seemed to mutter to herself, contemplating various thoughts and calculations known to her to unearth the mystery now laid before her.

"It's impossible," the doctor mumbled. "This is impossible."

"What's impossible, Doctor?" The admiral asked again, this time with a stern tone.