Missed

Brady's point of view

As I was going in to the kitchen to find Melanie I could hear her and her mom shouting. Although it sounded like arguing. As always. However, as I got closer I could hear Melanie crying, her voice cracking between sentences.

It broke my heart how her mother never really payed any attention to her. So I tried my best to be their for her. But what broke his heart even more was how he didn't know this was happening and just couldn't be their for her.

The truth is he loves her, like a lot.

As if it wasn't any more clear.

Melanie's point of view

"It's not real love, Melanie." "Who the fuck are you to judge?" "Don't swear." "Seriously, mom, dad has slept on the couch since I was ten years old." I looked at my dad as he sat on the couch staring at the TV with a bottle of beer in hand. He looked so clueless. No matter how hard I tried to get his attention I never got it, even as a little girl.

Always keeping to ourselves.

"Don't be cruel, Melanie." "Im not. I'm just saying love is a million things sometimes it feels good sometimes it doesn't. The one thing I know is that Brady loves me no matter what. It feels good to know theirs one person in this whole fucked up world who has my back. You think I want this." Pointing towards my dad. Seriously I didn't want what my mom and dad had. They act as if the other doesn't exist. I don't want that for me and Brady.

I can't even put myself in my moms position. The thought of not talking to Brady, or better yet not acknowledge him just terrifies me.

"You live in the same house and you don't say one word to each other. That's the difference between me and you." "You know you are so right. After that, I felt the exact same way about every guy I ever dated. The same!" "Mami please." "Stop it Melanie. As your mother I'm telling you to stop seeing Brady, okay? You will not see him again."

I sighed running up the stairs when I was stopped. Brady stood their with tears in his eyes.

"Brady?" I went up to him, grabbing his face when he pushed my hands away softly.

"I'm sorry Melanie." He started walking away, closing the door behind him.

__________

The next week

As I was heading towards my car, getting through the day. The only person I could think about was Brady. I decided to call Brady. I really missed him. Like a lot, I wanted to know if he was doing okay. Seeing as how I still haven't had the chance to see him all day. However when I called there was no answer. I sighed calling him again but no answer. Again.

I placed my phone on my back pocket as I decided to look for him, maybe I could actually find him. As I came inside the school, I turned the corner of the hallway. From a distance I could see him. He had his phone pressed up on his ear. When he looked up at me. I smiled at him as I walked towards him.

He smiled at me. I swiftly tapped my lips as he kissed me, tangling my arms around his neck, both smiling into the kiss.

"Careful ma'am my girlfriends going to be here any second." "Shut up, Brady." "Hey...you just punched me. My baby's back." "Aw." Grabbing my face in his hands as he kissed me, both being able to cherish every single one.

Through thick and thin it will always be forever. This was just the beginning.

 This was just the beginning

630 words