Chapter VII: The Cursed Prince Part 3

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?"

"I'm swearing my full allegiance to you, Your Highness," she wiped her tears and smiled. "You don't have to worry about anything anymore. You don't have to marry me just to make me stay by your side. I will always stay with you no matter what."

I knew I had said something I would regret later on but life is a gamble. I'll do anything just please, be true Your Highness. Please tell me that you won't let a war break out and won't let my family be in danger.

In the original storyline, he praised Melissa when she did the same thing. He even ordered her to kiss the floor and swear that she'd serve him as best as she could. When she thought about it deeply, her situation was just the same as Melissa's. They were both threatened to live with him so she's confident she just did the right thing.

"Do I have to kiss the floor too?"

Instead of being glad, her bold question only made him pissed. His brows furrowed as he tried to combat against her brave countenance. And neither of them wants to lose.

"You're an oddball, do you know that?" He smirked and clasped his fingers and rested both of his elbows at the top of the desk. He then rested his chin on his hands and stared at her like she was the most interesting creature he had seen in his entire life. "Now stand and never do this thing again. It's an order."

She quickly pulled herself up and smiled like she won the lottery. She didn't want to do it either. She just had to for the sake of proving to him that she could be trusted. She massaged her knees because they were sore.

"Now you're smiling like an idiot. I don't get you."

"I'm just happy, that's all," she immediately answered. It was obvious in her voice and in her eyes. "I mean look at me, I've been struggling to dress up myself but now that my friends are here, I feel like I won a lottery."

"First, you don't look bad at all," he complimented her appearance after he examined her from head to foot. "Second, why are you treating your servants like they're your friends?"

"Because they're indeed my friends," she was quick to respond, ignoring the first line that he said. "They've been good to me at the House Belfford. They treat me with kindness and respect. They're all precious in my heart."

Reina couldn't contain the emotions in her. In her previous life, she only had Alyssa. She only had one friend and yet she failed to be with her until her last breath. She regretted it. That's why in this world, in this second life given to her, she will value everyone who is precious to her. Because losing them is way harder than losing oneself.

Prince Darius only nodded as if he already understood her explanation. He still wants to talk with her but right now, he still has piles of work to do.

"It's nice to have a chat with you first thing in the morning but you see, I have these loads of paperwork. Do you mind?" Prince Darius said with a grin.  Reina understood and nodded right away.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you. Good luck with that, Your Highness. Fighting!" she bubbly cheered as she was about to close the door. "Wait, you want a cup of tea or any refreshments?"

"You sure in a good mood, huh?" Prince Darius' face lightened up as he spoke for his preference.

When the door finally closed and he was left alone in the room, he covered his mouth with his hand as his ears and cheeks reddened. He's trying hard to suppress the strange feeling that he's been keeping since the moment she showed up in front of him earlier.

He was still in the cloud nine when he heard two knocks at the door. It was Seventh. He sat straight and switched his facial expression back to normal.