Chapter Nine: You're Both In The Wrong

Start from the beginning

"Harold!" He hugged him tightly, momentarily forgetting he was mad at him, and then snatched the packet out of his hands. He popped it open and took one out. He studied it. White, fluffy and cute. "Hey Neal! This looks like you!"

"Just because I'm Irish it doesn't mean I'm white and fat." He told him while leaning his head drunkenly on Zayn's shoulder.

Louis ignored him. "Look everybody! Snow!" He threw the marshmallows in the air and they tumbled down over him like snowfall. Harry sighed and rolled his eyes. He wasn't as drunk as Louis but he'd had some, though it wasn't enough for him to find Louis as hilarious as everybody else.

"Louis, I just searched the whole kitchen for those."

"Sorry," he grunted and picked one up from where it had landed on the coffee table and chewed loudly with his mouth open.

"You're gross." Harry told him.

"You too. Go away." Harry glared at him and gave a slight shook of his head. Obviously he knew Louis was drunk but he was annoyed with him, and Louis knew that damned well. He was doing it on purpose. He was mad at him for stating he was single when they had been dating for weeks. He was mad at him for not asking him to be his boyfriend and he was mad at him for being mad at him in return for not talking to his admirer.

"Hey where's Darren?" he asked, provokingly. Immediately he saw Harry's green eyes darken. Louis had told Harry to hold off on the love until he'd talked to Darren and in return he'd scolded him and forced him to promise he'd talk to him tonight. Louis hadn't yet. He had avoided being alone with Darren to all costs and had clung to Niall's side all night and he'd felt both Darren's looks and Harry's demanding stare on the whole time.

"He's getting drinks over there," Liam pointed at the kitchen isle and Louis saw Darren chatting with some other people. He got up from the floor and made his way over to him. He tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, Darren." He said, smiling.

"Oh, hey Louis," Darren said brightly. "We haven't gotten around to talk."

"Yeah, I know," Louis agreed. "So much has come up, studying and Niall's little accident and all."

"Yeah," he answered but not sounding too sure. Louis felt Harry's eyes on him and he leaned on the breakfast bar, looking up at Darren through his lashes like Harry would do and have him weak in the knees.

"So, are you having fun tonight?" he said, eyes blinking seductively.

"Uh, sure yeah." He blinked back and he was a little breathless. Okay, maybe this was going too well. Darren took a step closer. Yup, definitely too well. Louis quickly changed his mind about having a long and spiteful conversation with him just to annoy Harry.

"Good. I'll see you around, Darren," he squeezed his shoulder for the effect of it and quickly turned away. Immediately Harry was in front of him, obviously upset.

"What are doing? What's wrong with you? You're sending all kinds of wrong signals!"

"Hey, it's not that easy. Plus Darren is a nice guy."

"So?" Harry glared at him. "Tell him anyway."

Louis crossed his arms. He knew Harry was right and Louis knew he was even worse now that he used Darren to piss Harry off.

"What about me then? You being all friendly with someone who likes you like that hurts me too."

"Why?" Louis asked.

"Are being serious? Isn't it obvious?" Harry said exasperatedly.

"Why?" he said. "I thought you were single." Louis added, muttering lowly, voice drunk, hurt and sulky and Harry barely caught what he said. He turned away and went looking for something more to drink.