Part 1

.

.

.

.

3 January 2023

Lunar lodges

Author p.o.v

It was mid evening. Mrs luthox a single mom and her daughter were seated round the dinner table engaged in a rather vehement conversation.

School terms were about to open for first term and it had been decided that Christine luthox was to transfer to venality municipal high school to follow in her father's footprints and become a member of the apex order.

The apex order was a seating of governors that lead the three main tribes that roamed the earth hidden amongst humans. Since the beginning of the order there had always been a member of the luthox family to represent the lunar tribe who were born of the heavenly spirits.

Her father being the last male successor to the seat since he bore no sons leaving christen as his only successor.

How ever Christine had her own plans...

Mrs luthox: * bangs fist on table* it's not always about what you want Christine. This is the family legacy at stake! The whole sorcerer world knows that the apex order consists of only the best sorcerers in all of luminaire and all of them went to venality municipal school.

Christine: I don't give two fucks about which fancy sorcerers went to what fancy school to gain some stupide fancy skills that will probably never be used! I will keep attending saint benedict's high! it's where I belong and plus every one there is normal.

Mrs luthox: this isn't your call to make. You're going to venality and that's final!

Christine: * tightens fists in rage* FUCK YOUR STUPIDE LEGACY! *Flings fork from the table towards the window then stomps off to her room*

She flings the door open, enters her room and then forces the door shut!

*SLAM!!*

Throwing herself onto the bed she lands face first on the continental cushion.

Christen: * screams into the cushion* AAAAAAAAAARGhhh!!!

Christen p.o.v: I hate this...

.

.

.

.

.

.

3 days later 6 January 2023

Venality school gate

Christen p.o.v

I dragged my feet on the pav way as I went to the back of the car

I dragged my feet on the pav way as I went to the back of the car. Opening the boot to take my luggage out I breathed in irritably.

The bags were heavy but that was the least of my worries at the moment. I couldn't believe that my mother was forcing her opinion on me and sent me to this dumb ass school. It was her dream not mine, so why didn't she just become part of the apex order herself. I mean I sure as hell wouldn't mind. That would mean I could attend normal school and be around Louise all the time. But noooo! She just had to go and transfer me half way around the country. Isn't that swell.

I hauled my bags up the stairs and watched the view of my mother in her Kia telluride from the passage window. I wouldn't even bother saying goodbye. Hmmm

I took a once over of my dorm

I took a once over of my dorm. Even though I hated the place even I had to admit that it was really extravagant. It was like a Minnie house. We didn't share dorms and every student had a Minnie house of their own that had a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and lounge.

It wasn't huge but it was comfy

.

.

.

.

5 hours later

I had just finished unpacking. I personalized my bedroom.

Red curtains that matched well with the black walls and yellow ceiling lights.

I also used red duvet covers on to match the mahogany bed base and headboard. I put up picture frames on the mahogany side tables. They were of me, Louise, angel and Marko. I smiled sadly as I traced my thumb across the paper feel of Louise's mouth. His soft pastel blue eyes peeked out from behind his charcoal black hair that hung just barely above his eyes. his boxy smile triggering the deep dimple on his left cheek. I loved how his eyes crinkled at the ends when he smiled. * Deep sigh* he was the only other kid sorcerer that I knew. He was from the stellar tribe. And yet somehow, he gave no resemblance to the other sun children. ...he looked more the part of a lunarian.

Even Helios the ancient god of the sun knows how long I've liked him for...

But the sun and moon can never rise in the same light.

I go back to organising my room. Next, I took all my books and put them on the shelf next to the dressing table. Most of them were just the simple spell books that I would use as a child when my dad would teach me how to cast them. I trace my fingers down the spine of a metamorphosis book

When he died, I lost all interest in sorcery.

But now I guess I had no choice......

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.