△ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔫𝔢

(Just a note, they don't come from their original families.)

Evan sat in the middle of the Royal garden on a small bench, listening to his father rant about weeds for the 3rd time that afternoon.

"Father, if you're going to throw a temper tantrum about weeds all day, you might as well let me finish watering the plants" Evan sighed, rubbing his head in annoyance.

"And leave you to get soaked? As if!" Evans father replied in annoyance. "It was one time!" Evan said, crossing his arms. "And you couldn't have been more careful?" Evans father sighed.

"I told you the hose was acting up!!" Evan huffed. "And I told you to deal with it" Evans father said firmly. "And look where that got me!" Evan snapped. "If you two idiots don't do your jobs and water the plants, I will scream." A voice said.

It was Cassidy, one of the palace guards, who was also Evans closest thing to an actual friend, besides the prince. "Oh, hello Cassidy. Lovely weather, hm?" Evans father said.

"I hope the Royals don't find you slacking off and fire you" Cassidy sighed, rolling her eyes. "That won't be necessary, we're almost finished anyways" Evan sighed, standing up and putting his gloves back on.

"Well, best of luck with your weed stealing" Cassidy shrugged, walking off. "..Are we technically stealing?" Evan asked his father. "..No, I don't think so. Weeds aren't very useful." Evans father replied.

'Unless you want to be the weed' Evan thought to himself, grabbing the hose and pointing it at some flowers. "Since we're almost finished, Can you please finish up?" Evans father asked.

"Of course" Evan said with a smile. "Thank you Evan" Evans father said and walked off. Evan continued spraying the plants, until he heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

"Hey, Evan!" It was none other then Gregory, Evans friend and heir to the throne. Evan smiled, turning the water off to face him. "Oh, hello, it's unusual for you to be here so early." Evan commented.

"Well, I've just been having a stressful day, and I wanted to see my best friend!" Gregory said with a smile. Evan felt a pang of sadness in his heart, since all Gregory saw them as was friends.

Evan had always had a massive crush on him, but Gregory was so oblivious to his feelings, just kinda brushing them off for Evan being shy. Evan looked away for a second, staring at a thorn bush.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Gregory asked curiously. "N-No.." Evan sighed, he was way too shy to ever confess. Evan felt like an idiot every time he tried talking to Gregory.

"..Cranberry juice tastes like it doesn't wanna be wet, and pomegranate juice tastes like an argument" Gregory said blankly. "Pardon..?" Evan asked. "That's what Lizzy told me. "..huh." Evan sighed, shaking his head.

"That girl always was a little confusing" Evan said. "Was? More like is." Gregory chuckled. "She's a sweet girl, since she understood you didn't want to marry her." Evan shrugged. "Yeah, your not wrong about that." Gregory sighed. "Say, is there someone you want to be with in particular?" Evan asked curiously.

"Actually, no, there really isn't." Gregory said, looking away. "Not surprised. You don't really seem like the dating type" Evan chuckled. "Oh shut it" Gregory sighed, shaking his head. "So.. Do you want to see if the.. Never mind." Evan sighed, shaking his head.

"Hm? Is there something you wanna show me?" Gregory asked curiously. "Y.. No, there isn't." Evan said. "Don't lie to me, Evan. I could hear that yes trying to come up." Gregory said firmly. "S-shut up" Evan sighed, he hated people could tell when he lied. "I swear, you stutter when you lie."