~ 12 ~

When I woke up, the sunlight was shining through my blinds hitting the pillow that rested next to me on the bed. I shot up looking around. I slept through the night. Had Saul called me? 

I got up to quickly run into the kitchen, but a blaring headache hit me. I had probably had too much to drink. I grabbed my bottle of Jack that sat nicely on my nightstand and took a long swig. I walked carefully into the kitchen and picked up the phone dialing my voicemail. Sure enough, there was 1 voicemail left on my line. 

"Hello, my love," The phone hummed into my ear, "I'm assuming you're sound asleep. We got a ride to Seattle, but it seems like the only venue that can keep us, is San Fran. Fuckers. Well, if you'd like to meet us in San Fran on the 12th we'd love to see you there. I don't know when I'll be able to call you next, but I love you and can't wait to see you."

As the phone clicked, I let out a sigh. My one day off was going to be taken up calling every venue I could find in LA. In California even. I took a deep breath and threw my jacket on running down the stairs of my apartment. If I was going to be calling venues all day, I needed a few things. A phone book, another bottle of Jack, some bottled Coke, and a pack of cigarettes. I tried not to smoke very often, but I knew today was going to be stressful and I couldn't take cigarettes from Saul since he wasn't here. 

I walked across the street to the liquor store and grabbed everything I needed. Being away from Saul was incredibly difficult. I didn't really know how to spend my days. What did I do before I met him? I guess I mainly just worked and got drunk. Luckily, I could leave in two days and drive up to San Fran to meet him at their show at The Stone. 

"Just this for you?" The man behind the counter asked scanning all the alcohol. 

"And a pack of Marlboro Reds please," I smiled. He nodded grabbing a pack and placing it on the counter. I carefully tapped my fingers against the counter, thinking back to last night. I hadn't even told Saul I'd finished writing a song. Their show was tonight, so I hoped I could tell him after. A pit formed in my stomach thinking about their show tonight. I was worried he was going to get high. I trusted him, but I didn't trust the boys not to give it to him.

I handed the money to the cashier, grabbed all my things, and walked back to my apartment. I knew the tour was going to bring up a lot of stuff for him and that he was likely going to fall back into this habit. I just needed to prepare myself for it. I wasn't going to leave him because of his addiction. I got with him knowing about it and I couldn't just leave him.

I walked up the stairs and into the little dingy apartment, "Okay. Well, here we go." 

After about 45 phone calls and four hours, I had finally booked some shows. Most of them were in LA, but I was able to get some pretty prominent venues like the Troubador and the Whiskey a Go Go. I took a deep breath and sat back, bringing my cigarette to my lips. Now I just had to hope Saul would call me. 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the phone ringing. My cigarette had turned to ash and my glass of Jack and Coke had gone warm. When did I fall asleep? I stood up and walked over to the phone. 

"Yeah?" I answered clearing my throat. 

"Lily!" I heard Saul yell.

"Oh hey. What are you doing calling me? Shouldn't you be on stage?" I asked checking the clock on the wall. It was 9:45.

"Yeah, we're a little late," I heard him slur. Was he drunk or high?

"I'm glad you made it. Are there people there?" I asked as I tugged on the phone cord, twirling it gently. 

"A few," He answered, "Fuck off Axl. Axl says hi. I fucking miss you so much."

"Hi Axl," I giggled, "I miss you too."

"So fucking much. I can barely keep my boner down," He breathed. 

I just laughed in response. 

"I just keep thinking about you and getting hard. It's going to be a problem on stage," He hiccuped. 

"How much have you had to drink?" I giggled into the phone. 

"Oh, just a little," He chuckled. 

"Put me on the phone with Ax, I have good news," I said. I heard shuffling on the other end of the line. 

"You're going to drop the fucking phone, idiot. Hello?" Axl said into the line. He sounded a little more coherent, but he always did. Even when he was completely shitfaced. 

"Hey Ax, I booked you some shows," I said, tugging on the dead skin of my lip, "Most of them are here in LA, but I got you the Troubador and the Whiskey a Go Go."

"No fucking way! Really?" He yelled. 

"What?" I heard Duff say.

"Whad she say?" I heard Saul slur in the background. 

"Yeah, they'll be in the next couple of weeks after San Francisco. Saul told me that you guys had to cancel most of the shows because of the car breaking down. So I thought I would try to book you-"

"You are the most sexy, smart, amazing woman I've ever met," He said into the phone. Then it clicked. 

I put the phone back on the hook and grabbed my cigarettes. I knew he wouldn't call back, but that was okay. I wanted him to have fun. I turned off all the lights and lit my cigarette collapsing on my bed. It would just be a few days before I could see him again.