Chapter 1

It's the dawn of a new day.

Sadly, it's the first day in the new high school. Not of the school year but my first day. But, today's also the day I get to see my best friend, Luke, aka, CaRtOoNz.

A good thing about this school is that there's no uniform or dress code so I could wear my mask all I want, also that I actually get to meet up with Luke in person since he moved away in early elementary.

Oh, where are my manners? My name is Jonathan Denis. I am 17 years old and I have a secret that nobody, not even my mother or Luke knows, is that I have the power to control anything that is water and ice related and I can also conjure up water or from the palms of my hands without any source of water being near. In other words, I'm a water/ice bender.

I'm in my last year of high school. In the other schools, I was always bullied, pushed around and sometimes beaten just because everyone knew that I was different. It only made it worse when they found out I was gay. Yes, gay, I knew it ever since sixth grade. Even in elementary I was bullied just because of my appearance. That's why I wear the mask.

I really hope that things will change at this school.

After I got up and got dressed in a grey tee-shirt, a baby blue sweater, dark jeans and black sneakers, I grabbed my bag, put on my mask, and headed downstairs to the kitchen where I was greeted by my mother.

"Good morning sweetie" My mother cheerfully greeted while placing a plate on the table with breakfast for me.

"Mornin'." I greeted back while sitting down at the table, lifting my mask to just above my lips and ate my food while my mother sat across from me doing the same.

After I finished, I brought my plate to the sink, said goodbye to my mother then headed out the door and went to the bus stop.

There was only 1 other person at the stop when I got there. He looked about my age and was wearing a red leather jacket with white stripes, black jeans and black vanns. He had raven black hair, styled in a small fro-hawk.

'He's kinda cute...' I thought then quickly shook my head then stood a few feet away from him and we waited for the bus.

About a minute later, the bus drove around the corner and stopped in front of us. Mr. Red Leather Jacket got on first and went to the back with some other guys while I just sat in the front seat.

I stared forward and felt a ball of paper hit the back of my head. I shrunk down, put in some music and waited for the bus to reach the school.

Once the bus got to its final destination, I quickly got off and walked through the front doors and immediately felt people staring at me.

I stared down at the ground as I made my way to the schools main office, looking up once in a while to make sure I don't bump into anyone or anything and that I were going in the right direction.

Once I got to the office, I went to the secretary and got my schedule then went out to find my locker.

Before I could, I felt a buzz in my pocket. I took out my phone and saw that CaRtOoNz had texted me to meet him at the cafeteria, so of course, a huge smile plastered itself onto my face -but hidden by the mask- then texted back to lookout for a Jason mask.

I made my way to the cafeteria and as soon as I entered the doors, I was tackled to the floor into a big bear hug, almost about to scream only to realize that it was only Luke and laughed my insanely crazy laugh.

CaRtOoNz smiled then got up then lent out his hand for me which I accepted. As he pulled me up, he pulled me into another hug.

"It's great to finally see ya bro! How've ya been, man?" He excitedly asked then held me at arms-length with a huge smile plastered on his face, just as mine was.