THREE

I looked at the purple ball disappearing in the depths of the pocket as me and Marcus played snooker and I was currently winning. The smirk on my face only made Marcus more annoyed and he picked up his cue stick and pretended to hit me with it as I laughed.

Marcus came over the second I told him that I did it. I talked to papa and declared it is my decision when the wedding is. Marcus came over and was so happy to hear that and asked for every single detail!

He repeated that what papa was doing was something he didn't want to do but had to, to save his company that was really going downhill at the moment. I've noticed how stressed he was in the past months and if I could help make it better than of course I will.

I've accepted the fact that I won't be deciding who I'm marrying. But the only thing that calms me about it is that the guy is Rome's son. I remember when I was a child he gifted me stuffed animals and so many chocolates, and he made sure that I got to eat them. He's always been an angel. He's a nice man and I'm sure that whoever he has raised is just as nice as him. At least I hope so.

" You've already won at this point!" Marcus exclaimed as he missed a shot. He leaned on his cue stick and looked at me in playful anger.

I chuckled at him and bent down to play my turn.

" Watch this " I said as I hit the cue ball with my cue stick and watched as it hit the black ball and it raaaan into the middle pocket and disappeared. I got back up and laughed at him with my hand on my stomach. Clapping my hands just go annoy him extra.

I hit the table while laughing at him as he hit it in pretend anger. I laughed harder as he walked to me and started playfully punching me, barely touching me. I laughed harder as I pretended to get hit. He let out a chuckle at that.

" I hate you, I hate you, I hate you " he said as he continued play fighting me.

I snorted at that and he laughed loudly. I felt a pressure in my chest so I slowed down the laughter though it was hard and breathed in and out, hoping to stop laughing.

I avoided Marcus' gaze because I knew that if I looked at him I would start to laugh again so I turned my back to him. I could hear him still laughing and that made me smile. I inhaled and exhaled and heard him pick up Bruno. I sat down on the stool of the bar. And chugged down a bottle of water.

I picked my phone from my pocket and saw that Debi texted me saying they'll be at my house in 5 minutes. I hearted the text.

" Debi and the others are gonna be here in a few minutes" I stated as I went on to Instagram.

As soon as I clicked on Instagram a picture of a guy with his chest looking like it's stuffed and wearing a black leather jacket came up on my feed. I began to think back to the guy I saw on campus.

I can't help but wonder who that guy was. Sure, wearing a leather jacket and smoking cigarettes at like 9 am was such a weird thing do. But he was hot, he looked really hot. Chestnut brown hair, tanned skin, and even from afar I could see the freckles on his forehead and cheeks.

But what was so pathetic is how he stared. Actual perv he is!! No one in this town dares to look at me in a lustful way because once, a guy did and my dad made sure he got his rightful punishment. The whole town knew after that day who's daughter I am and how to not look at me.

That proves that bastard hadn't been here long.

The loud opening of the door brought me back to my senses. Just now I noticed Marcus sitting beside me and drinking a small bottle of beer.

My eyes made their way to the beer and my throat craveddd it. My tongue just wanting a taste and my heart wanting more.

Suddenly these four walls started shrinking and my insides felt like they were too big for this space. I started to crave loud music and the feeling of my small circle all around me, just dancing and making this world a much better reality. The shirt I was wearing made me feel as if it was crawling on my skin.